• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Tuning] ATI user Potential FPS Boost

I was messing around with my CCC settings, and for me forcing Morphological AA has improved GPU usage tremedously. I've been getting GPU usage in the 90s now.

I don't garuntee that this will work for anyone else, but it is worth a try. Some users with 4*** series cards are unable to use Morphological filtering.

I'm using 11.8 drivers with a Sapphire TE 2GB 5850, AMD X6 1100T.

Please post here if this helps you at all!

Last edited:
Reactions: trench
I just tested this with CrossfireX enabled, and while not as good as using a single GPU, it was a rather decent improvement. Was getting about 80% usage out of both cards, which is a big jump from 30. With CF enabled the usage was jumping around quite a bit, and peaked at 90%, while with a single GPU usage was hovering around 99% without any significant dips.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is under 3d application settings in the anti-aliasing section

so does it actually boost the framerate or does it only give the GPU a job to do?

It has boosted my fps considerably. It has raised my minimum framerate by quite a bit. I was getting 40ish fps on fallen fighters, now my minimum fps is 70.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Gained 15 fps average from that morphological filtering on a 5770hd (Single GPU, crossfire with tweaks doesn't improve framerate anymore but worsens it for me after today's patch).
Combined with cpu overclock FPS now spikes to 90 and doesn't go below 40, with a combo of med/low settings (shadow on low, reduced resolution in .ini etc etc, absolutely no candy, etc). Been careful to lower cpu related option given their current issues with CPU etc..

However, it's still a choppy mess. FPS is basically rollercoastering between 90 and 40 fps, a rate at which it's basically just a painful experience. (40 players max. i don't play with higher)

Upvote 0
OK this worked WELL for me!!

I had around 35-45 FPS in Fallen Angels map...(The one with the snow and the big square where allies get crushed..)

Anyway, I am running

windows 7 64
Intel quad 9300 stock
ATI 5750 stock speed
4 gig corsair extreme ddr2

after trying this I am now getting a solid 55-60 FPS on any map. My gfx settings are at medium with Texture and Character at High. This worked well for me. Morphological FTW

Upvote 0