• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pistols: Can anyone use them effectively?

Use the sights, just as any other non-auto weapon, and pick for center mass if you don't have time or aim for the head of you have time to. If its a spur of the moment situation, get in close and dump it into them but remember, the gun doesn't point dead center on the screen- closer you are the better your odds of hitting them.

This always works for me, I've rarely been killed by the person I'm pistoling.

Upvote 0
You just gotta get used to using them in close quarters. There isn't enough bullets to hip fire it so sight up. My best shot yet with a pistol was on Red October Factory as a AT soldier. I managed to crack off 3 shots at 80 meters and get 2 kills. Shame I couldn't remember which button was for Steam screenshots.

Upvote 0
i cant seem to kill anyone with pistols. only times i killed someone with the nagant i nearly died and used all 6 rounds, same goes for the p38, as for the c96 my chances are always better with that. i dont think its the weapon its the hit detection for them, it seems any primary weapon seems to register way faster than a side arm thats why they appear bad.

maybe bullet speeds differ?

Upvote 0
I personally only seem to have issues with the Nagant 1895 and Tokarev, the Tokarev being worse. Both seem to be more hit or miss, with me taking an aimed shot at some one's chest and killing in one hit (Not heart shots), then doing it again and it taking two or three, then doing it once more and it doing nothing.

The C96 will occasionally act similar, but not nearly as often as the Tokarev or 1895.

Upvote 0
It's not just OP. My pistol seems to have been replaced with a water gun.

I play a lot of machine gunner, and I can't tell you how many times I've been moving to a new location, bumped into a Kraut, unloaded 2-3 pistol rounds into his chest, had him shoot me in the face, bandage up, and walk on his merry way.

I see the big blood splats, I hear the bandage sound, this has happened dozens of times, and the only time I've ever won a duel like this was with the odd lucky headshot.

Honestly, I think it'd be hard to ignore a pistol round to the lung from 10m away...

Upvote 0
It's not just OP. My pistol seems to have been replaced with a water gun.

I play a lot of machine gunner, and I can't tell you how many times I've been moving to a new location, bumped into a Kraut, unloaded 2-3 pistol rounds into his chest, had him shoot me in the face, bandage up, and walk on his merry way.

I see the big blood splats, I hear the bandage sound, this has happened dozens of times, and the only time I've ever won a duel like this was with the odd lucky headshot.

Honestly, I think it'd be hard to ignore a pistol round to the lung from 10m away...

They definitely seem to have less stopping power than the other weapons, as I too get a lot of wounds with them or people who drop dead after they've killed me. I think this is exaggerated a bit due to the close quarters hit detection/lag bug. (Which seems to be getting better and now isn't a big issue on most servers) For example, if you have a svt and fire two shots and one is "lost" due to that bug, the one that hits him will likely drop him. With the pistol chances are very high that the one shot that registers will not be an instant kill.

Upvote 0