• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What happened to the death moans and such?

No more screams and moans?

No more screams and moans?

Where's the screams and dying moans gone Tripwire?

what gets me is being told RO2 is too much for even modern pc's to handle with its draw distance and details on screen, then being told that RO2 is more sophisticated than any other pc game available (stating that other games are console ports) and then being told RO2 was made to Tripwire minimum spec pc, which is why people with decent rigs suffer fps loss. its all written on tripwires twitter direct from boss.

I want my Screams/Moans back you Sneaky bastards.

Upvote 0
Just to make things clear, what i mentioned doesn't really increase the amount of death moans. There is a bug that causes you not to be able to hear 2/3 possible voices for the characters (you can only hear 1). The fix i mentioned fixed this for me. (the variability of battle chatter increases dramatically) TWI should really give feedback regarding the disappearance of these awesome sounds. I am sorry if i made anyone waste their time. :(

Upvote 0
Just to make things clear, what i mentioned doesn't really increase the amount of death moans. There is a bug that causes you not to be able to hear 2/3 possible voices for the characters (you can only hear 1). The fix i mentioned fixed this for me. (the variability of battle chatter increases dramatically) TWI should really give feedback regarding the disappearance of these awesome sounds. I am sorry if i made anyone waste their time. :(
Does it also fix weapon sounds?

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by PvtProperty
Guys, I found a way to fix this. As a previous post suggested, go to My documents, My games and delete the red orchestra 2 file. You'll have to reset all your settings, but its worth it. So yes, it must be a bug.

Thanks anyway, no i have all the 3 voices.

For the weapons sounds, i upped the channels to 128. I can hear them all now. Set 128, press once (even if the screen stay) the bottom right button (return or whatever it is). Then press echap, restart your game and your channels setup will be saved.

But there is still no death cry/moan.... :(

Upvote 0
I had this problem go to documents/my games/redorchestra2 delete it and let steam update you should get the voices back
I did this and compared the old "ROEngine.ini" with the freshly generated one and found this suspect line: "SingleVoiceVariation=True" That's what it was in the old one, although I never edited it myself. In the new one however, it's set to "False". So I left it on False.

I've played a few rounds on a full 64-player server and while I haven't noticed any huge differences I must say I've been hearing a bit more chatter and screaming going on. Thanks for the tip! :)

Upvote 0
I did this and compared the old "ROEngine.ini" with the freshly generated one and found this suspect line: "SingleVoiceVariation=True" That's what it was in the old one, although I never edited it myself. In the new one however, it's set to "False". So I left it on False.

I've played a few rounds on a full 64-player server and while I haven't noticed any huge differences I must say I've been hearing a bit more chatter and screaming going on. Thanks for the tip! :)

What does "SingleVoiceVariation=True" do?

And then maybe they changed another line in some config regarding the screams etc?

Upvote 0