• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Weapon Animation Issues + Graphical Bug Red October

Zoring

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Perth, Western Australia
Some of these have been stated as being fixed in the next patch such as the Feeding of single rounds in the K98 etc. But for completeness I have posted them.

These are all reproducible and are not a product of the map.

I hope that these are not construed as nit-picking or condescending, but they are small errors in the weapons in the game. Italic Corrections are HISTORICAL errors. Not graphical ones, feel free to provide documentation to correct me.

Ammunition Error
Ammunition for Weapons which share ammuniton types is not transferable. That is a 'Scoped G41' can not use ammunition for either a G41 or a Kar98/Scoped K98, both of which use 7.92mm 5 Round Stripper clips. Mosin Nagant/SVT40/Scoped SVT40 have the same issue.

All Bolt Actions
A shell is ejected in 3rd person view the moment the soldier fires, not when he works the bolt[/b]

Mauser C96
This first one may be a result of it being the 'beginner' version I heard someone say his gun got shinier when he leveld up but anyhow, The Mauser C96 is far too black, should have a blued exterior with the bolt being white metal, as well as the internals visable at the rear.

The Mauser C96 bolt handle is pulled back to release it when the clip is released when it should snap forward as soon as the clip is removed.

The Firing pin screw on the Mauser C96 should be Vertical not at a 45* angle.

The clip used in the reloading animation can be seen occasionaly when crawling.

The 20 Round magazine unlock; the 20 round magazine was exclusively seen on the M712 Schnellfeur the select fire with automatic capability version of the C96 produced in the 1920's not the standard commercial models.

Karabiner 98k:
the K98 cocking piece/firing pin doesn't go in far enough when a shot is fired. It should be near flush. The cocking piece also protrudes too far when in the cocked position.

The Firing Pin/Cocking piece does not go forward instantaneously when fired, but visibly slides forward when fired.

The bolt doesn't stay open when on the last round has been fired from the K98 due to the magazine floorplate.

The rounds clip through each other when being pushed in singly.

The Front Barrel Band has a wood texture where the barrel should be inbetween the horizontal line of the 'H' shaped band.

On the final shot with an empty chamber the Cocking Piece/Firing Pin is out in the Cocked position. When the gun is reloaded it slides forward into the fired position.

The rear of the cocking piece is slightly wrong. The metal that engages with the sear is flush with the rear of the cocking piece, when it should be inset.

The Winter Trigger Guard, this is a POST-war Czech manufactured item, it never appeared on WW2 German rifles.

Karabiner 98k Scoped:
The Front Barrel Band has a wood texture where the barrel should be inbetween the horizontal line of the 'H' shaped band.

On the final shot with an empty chamber the Cocking Piece/Firing Pin is out in the Cocked position. When the gun is reloaded it slides forward into the fired position.

Gewehr 41:
The round in the magazine when loading with a stripper clip when the clip is removed jumps down.

A random piece of metal protrudes from the back of the bolt clipping through the back of the rifle when the gun is empty, and disappears when reload is pressed.

SVT-40:
When the magazine is empty and the bolt is locked open and you change weapons, you can see the bolt floating outside of the weapon as it animates the unslinging.

The SVT-40 has a plum finished Extractor, when it should be white metal. Plum finishes are almost always a result of post-war refurbishment (this is my understanding it may be wrong!)

Mosin-Nagant 91/30 + Scoped Version
The Firing Pin/Cocking piece does not go forward instantaneously when fired, but visibly slides forward when fired.

When the gun is reloaded the Firing Pin/Cocking piece locks back into the 'Cocked' position before the bolt is touched.

Walther P38:
Walther P38 does not show the Loaded Chamber indicator, the small pin above the hammer.

Walther P38 safety is down in the safe position.

When wearing Russian winter gloves and reloading the gloves fingers will deform and warp.

Maxim 08
The belts bullets clip through the base of the gun, visible when crouched

PTRD
The sounds of a bullet hitting the tank can be heard at any distance at the exact same volume (this was in RO1 too so it's probably deliberate but it is silly, Plus any penetrating hit causes a massive fireball, even ones that just dink into a crewman

AVT-40
The bolt stays closed on an empty chamber, until reload is pressed where it slides back by itself.

Is firing single shots in automatic mode even possible because it always sounds like you fire two? Possible sound bug?

Production began in 1943, so it's not really suitable to be in Stalingrad

MkB 42 (H)
The charging handle moves by itself when reload is pressed from it's empty position.

F1Grenade
The sound of the spoon being released is a small click, it should be a louder sproing as their was a spring under high tension which started the fuse, in RO one this sound was present.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nezzer and Nikita
The bolt doesn't stay open when on the last round has been fired from the K98 due to the magazine floorplate.

+1

This is a serious annoyance for me. For when I would normally know I've got an expended ammunition stoppage, my character simply relocks the bolt --meaning when I line up an enemy, I click dry.

As you said, realistically the bolt should not be able to move forward again unless another round has been inserted into the magazine or your character visibly depresses the floor plate and closes the bolt.

If this were fixed it would greatly help those who getting expended ammunition stoppages with auto-bolt off and manual reload off.

Good find,

Wally

Upvote 0
These ones might have been said before but let me add something.

Sometimes with K98 after shooting 2 shots and then reloading 6 bullets are reloaded. I could reproduce this again and again today in one match, but could not make it happen again later.

I have also encountered a bug where when you are down to your last clip or two and you have been half-reloading it will instead of properly reloading just cycle pulling back the bolt/charging handle over and over.

I have seen this with K98 and indeed it happens when gun is close to empty and choosing to reload. Can reproduce sometimes.

Upvote 0
Will be deleting these bugs when/if they are corrected :) For now i am sure Tripwire has some bigger issues to deal with but for the sake of bug/error reporting.

Stick Grenade
The stick grenade is not attached to the belt in anyway, it's simply velcored to the soldiers hip. The stick Grenade should be either through the belt or tucked into a boot, the first world war stick grenade had a hook that would have permitted wearing like this, but not the one we have.
2011091100001.jpg

Upvote 0
Karabiner 98k:

I made a thread about this way before release, hoping it would be implemented, because this more than anything rang out as to why the German rifle was so much better. Players who can't get their hands on a real one should be able to appreciate the engineering that went into this rifle.

Easiest way to do it in my mind would be to just have the K98 auto reload after spending the 5 rounds. (Yeah this MIGHT get you Bayoneted, but it's better than nothing and is probably easiest thing to code.)

Also, very small issue, the Kar98k should be a darker shade of wood. The rifles were made from high quality Teak and originals are very dark grain.

Upvote 0