• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

tripwire, i'd like to sell you a car.

Or pretty much the entire 'Regarding performance' post?

Here's what I said:

I have yet to see one post by [TW] saying or sounding like its not their fault. The "not their fault" mentality usually results in that person or entity not doing anything about it because it isn't their fault and they let someone else fix the problem because it isn't their fault.

You forgot the important sentence behind the one you quoted. Not their fault = not their responsibility = if its broken, too bad so sad, but thanks for buying our game.

You mean like the crack about dissatisfied users putting diesel in a gasoline engine?

First, a crack made in an example of an analogy is really beside the point you are trying to make. Second, in his analogy the dealership fixed the issue. He didn't say, you screwed up your car we're not fixing it. Again, this goes to the point I made above about "not their fault."

Or that the reason the patch was delayed was that the engine, that they spent the last several years developing the game on, makes it hard?

Building a game and adding content or changes (patching) are two separate things. They spent the last several year building their new game yes. So when they go to fix or change something, they open up their game files and fix it. Their game files have just changed and have been updated.

They can now either A) Put the game files back up for everyone to redownload the entire game again with the updated game files or B) Implement a .EXE file to open up the games files for the clients to have them updated.

I think B) is the better choice. But they hadn't worked out their patching methods because they've been building the game. Would it have been more efficient if they had worked out the patching issue prior to the release? Of course, but this does not change the fact that things happened the way they did. It is what it is, but its fixed for future patching so their won't be any delays in implementing a patch when they find a fix.

Upvote 0
Sometimes all that whine makes me wonder if that game here attracted loads of kids who are just experiencing their very first game release. Especially one from a "smaller" company who can't put a couple hundred man hours of programming/fixing time per day into it. I am sure there are many users in these forums who are probably not happy about the state of the game - but they don't whine since they experienced many game-releases before and remember how bad those were and how these game got fixed.

Upvote 0
Just to quote you. Seriously?

Yes.

Don't get me wrong I understand each and every one of you and can see why you have enjoyed this franchaise for a while now. I want to enjoy it with you.

But your disdain and contempt for the new crowd is becoming obnoxious. I could understand it if such major releases weren't so close but you yourselves confess that RO2 has to be rushed to beat them (you know). Why so much hatred here on these forums for this new blood?

I would have thought that we would be key to survival and scalability but it's people like you that are really driving a wedge between us.

Feel free to call us all noobs and tell us we don't know what we are talking about, Tripwire has my money and thats it.

I just thought you wanted more from this game than just to re-new the venue for your own private club (RO1).

Upvote 0
wow, I've never seen a dev basically tell someone to **** off. any other product and the BBB would be coming by for a visit, that is a piss poor response IMO.

Customers are welcome to pop by and complain at my shop, but that doesn't give them the "right" to blow farts in my showroom. People need to chill with these internet drive-bys.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Only in the PC gaming world would people take so much of their time and energy to throw such an enormous ***** fest over a $35 purchase. I mean really, you take a bigger gamble at most restaurants that you won't like the meal you're served. But no, a measely $35 game doesn't work perfectly on release and its time to call the ****ing Better Business Bureau? Welcome to PC gaming guys... or... welcome to Red Orchestra. Nothing works well on release, including the original mod. I wonder how many of the *****ers actually went to the trouble to submit dump logs...

Instead of helping the devs through this process by addressing specific gameplay or technical issues in a helpful, respectful manner (like good gaming communities are known for), you're turning them into the enemy - and an adversarial relationship never produces great results.

You guys need to get over yourselves. How many other companies are making games that cover this very unique era? How many other companies are even making WW2 shooters anymore? This game has so much potential, if people would just work constructively to get the kinks out...

Upvote 0
How about this for an analogy:

A car company sells a million cars.

For 850,000 people everything is great with the car.

For 100,000 the person put diesel in the gas tank but it was supposed to take unleaded, so the car won't run. They take it to the dealership, the dealership takes the diesel out and tells them to put unleaded in, the car runs fine.

For 45,000 people the car doesn't accelerate as fast as they thought it would. They take it into the dealership and they change the spark plugs, and then the car runs fine.

For 5,000 poeple, they can't get the car to start. They take it to the dealership to get fixed, or take it to the dealership and return the car.

:)
I've always LOVED how you deal directly with this community Ramm. But this post right here? I think I just fell in love. My wife's gonna be pissed! :eek: :D

Upvote 0