• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I Feel sorry for the people who play Russians

Any game that models weapons close to reality, and is set in WW2, is going to have a more powerful Axis side, because they actually were. If it wasn't for Hitlers gross stupidity, we would all be goosestepping, or it's modern equivalent.

You either want realism or you don't :)

yyep then give the russians the superior manpower they really had realism argument is invalid if you only do it weapons wise:rolleyes:

Reactions: Killyouall
Upvote 0
Any game that models weapons close to reality, and is set in WW2, is going to have a more powerful Axis side, because they actually were. If it wasn't for Hitlers gross stupidity, we would all be goosestepping, or it's modern equivalent.

The Russians had their own weapons which were very worthy on the battlefield. The PPSH is one of them, but too bad Tripwire decided it needed nerfing and the Germans needed even more prototype toys.

Upvote 0
yyep then give the russians the superior manpower they really had realism argument is invalid if you only do it weapons wise:rolleyes:
The prevailing myth that there were endless Soviet hordes is a mixture of early war Soviet disasters (futile unsupported mass infantry charges) permanently staining the public memory, coupled with Soviet late war expertise at bringing whole armies close to the front at an operational level. Just because they were able to mas large reserves near the front does not mean they actually commited them to human wave assaults. Most actual combat in 1942 and onward would have been small unit combat except for infantry assaults against fortified positions where whole battalions were trying to break the German lines supported by specifically put together task forces of artillery, engineers and heavy tanks.

To help cement this myth, Soviet generals in a bid for prestige were wrecklessly racing to outperform eachother in the final approach to Berlin in 1945, giving the apperance that they were still the idiotic and callous human wave reliant army that it was during the early years where it was still losing battles consistently.

RO2 is actually quite a plausible matchup with two understrength platoons fighting each other for ruins and supply routes, with reserves trickling into the battle to reinforce and relieve the previous squads.

Reactions: Stahlgeist
Upvote 0

Yeah despite the PPSH-41 being mass looted by Germans and used en masse. Also the fact that the Russians took over the heart of Germany, Berlin, where the Germans failed to take Stalingrad. Also half the army surely had the prototype MKB42!

Upvote 0
I play mostly Soviet because the Germans are full usually. And thats exactly what I expected to happen. That's how it was in Ostfront. StG, superior MGs, better SMG. Wehrmacht fanbois filling up the German side. Of course, now the Germans have the superior assault weapon in RO2, so more people are going to them to play with it.

The worst map by far is redoktoberfactory. I haven't ever seen the russians get the second objective. Nobody seems to want to get out and cap the point. No smoke from the SL...but its not just that, the design isn't that great. Especially for the tanks. At least in that initial part of the map its an absolute joke to try and use the T-34.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

So you're for weapon realism? Cool, no G41s, MP40/II and MKb42s for germans, except 1 every 10 games. Breaking firing pins, frozen tanks and ammo shortages.

Meanwhile Soviets get PPsh drum mags (entire teams equipped with them), more tanks and reinforcements, 12 gun artillery batteries.

Somehow I don't think you want weapon realism, you want German fantasy guns.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I like that idea (apart from some major adjustments to weapon distribution to begin with). USSR having the slightly worse technology, but having, say, 3-6 player slots (enforced by server), and more reinforcements.

Asymmetrical balancing makes things much more interesting than mirrored balancing. Assetts should be different.

Upvote 0
It makes total sense that the Germans get superior weaponry.
What doesn't make sense is why it isn't rebalanced so there aren't MORE Russians than Germans.

The Russians had their own weapons which were extremely good. The PPSH is one example of this, but Tripwire for some reason thought it would be a good idea to nerf the crap out of it so now the Russians don't have any reasonable automatic weapons.

Upvote 0
agree with OP. the maps are first off extremely imbalanced and give horrific advantage to Axis, with Russians in their easy-spot-uniforms shining in the snow and impossible-to-spot Germans sitting in windows where their dark uniforms blend in perfectly with the grayish walls and rape the ENTIRE soviet team with assault rifles. I am also a Soviet player as im a Soviet fanboy but i have always found that i do alot better playing as Germans...

Upvote 0
Just throwing it out there...

The SVT beats the hell out of the G-41. And, a skilled shooter can easily take down those vaunted Mkb-42s.

The AVT is... well, it's my troll gun. Such an idiotic concept, and so hilarious to use in-game.

I can't wait to be the super elite hero of Stalingrad; I want to use the SVT-40 on German.

Upvote 0