• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

About the MKB42

Playing matches now and we Russians stand no chance.
I haven't seen a Russian victory since beta and even then they were rare.

We thought the MP40 was bad?

OK, I know the gun is very awesome and the AVT is made to twigs and spit, but come on. I use the SVT. A good all-round weapon I feel, but with the MKB we stand no chance in CQB.

What I suggest is since the weapon was rare, make it rare. We're getting murdered out there to such degrees that while they have 80 reinforcements left we have 0. Try play Appartments as Russian.

Maybe it's just my bad luck, I dunno.

Reactions: Hesgad and husbert
Upvote 0
Playing matches now and we Russians stand no chance.
I haven't seen a Russian victory since beta and even then they were rare.

Maybe it's just my bad luck, I dunno.

it is yes

spartanovka and barracks are good balanced

pavlovs house is unbalanced for me

but this is war
in ro1 , i liked tula outskirts as russian, i think i won 1 time at tula
but it was fun because it felt like a real hard battle !

Upvote 0
LOL!

One day, almost, and look at all the crying... For less than 24 hours people have been able to play around with the MKB42, e.t.c and look at you all!

The devs always sort blatant balance issues, just chill out, let people have their fun because they are as entitled as you are to enjoy RO2 :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, I have to say that I joined one of the TWI realism servers this morning and to the Russian side's credit, more than half of them were regular rifleman. That said, it seemed the Germans were all running around with Mkbs :rolleyes:

In the (very civilized) chat, some players mentioned that they thought there were too many, one of whom was me. But there were even misinformed players who said they should be there because millions of the guns were made and were present in Stalingrad.

Oh well... :(

Upvote 0
It's kind of funny how they thought it necessary to balance the PPSh by giving it stick mags, removing the select fire that it should have and giving the MP-40 a prototype magazine unlock, and then they go and give two thirds of the axis team MKB's and completely throw balance out the window.
just FYI, assault class is limited to 2, but somehow everyone can select the class.

Upvote 0
It's kind of funny how they thought it necessary to balance the PPSh by giving it stick mags, removing the select fire that it should have and giving the MP-40 a prototype magazine unlock, and then they go and give two thirds of the axis team MKB's and completely throw balance out the window.
While the axis fanboys are like, two maps are balanced, and if theyre not and axis rapes then this is war!
Why not invent some stick mags for MG34 and make the extra barrel an unlock to balance DP-28 as they did with PPSH?

Upvote 0
This gun totally ROCKS! :D

The people moaning about it are probably just the cheapskates who didn't want to buy the DDE and are annoyed that the real fans got a decent weapon without level grinding.

You should thank TWI for making the game more accessible to the mainstream putting a gun like this in game.

I'm a little under enthused with the AVT though, which could do with a reduction in recoil, but for the most part both the guns are great.

With what? 40 MKbs in Stalingrad I think only commanders and possibly squad leaders should get them.

Everything for the AVT is right except sound, the sound sounds like the Russian HMG (maxim?) The noise is a *pic* instead of the normal SVT sound.

Reactions: Wodin
Upvote 0
Any pretence of realism went out the window long ago, so get used to it.

You have bayonets needing to be unlocked?
PPSH drum mag needing to be unlocked?
silencers on a nagant for EVERYONE?
MBKH42's even being in this game?
experimental scopes for the sniper rifles that didnt exist?
the best one: MP40/IIs.. the failed experimental gun made in small numbers... for EVERYONE as soon as they get level 25?

Either enjoy the game or go back to arma2 and play 'realistically'.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or just uninformed. o_o

Upvote 0
Just got out of a few matches, Half of my team couldn't get 30 feet out of our spawn without getting absolutely mowed down by the MKB gunners. I was pretty shocked. I am happy to see so many enjoying having fun with a new weapon etc... But man, It's going to take some serious skill to take these guys out lol. Those guns sure pack some power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
You know what i think Tauris ? I think you are a BAD TROLL a ROOKIE and the further from a REAL FAN one can possibly be.

People that didn't buy DDE have acess to the DDE weapons right now, as the system is bugged, and still many of them share the same fellings as the REAL FANS

no REAL FAN is happy about the way the MKb is implemented. Still, NO ONE is moaning about the gun itself.

Nezzer over there got it right, was it for balance sake, why not lots of AKs ?

Stop trolling your usual crap around the forums. :mad:

agree, I would hazard a guess that a lot of the real fans are the ones who don't really even use the MKB42. Heck, I chose the bolt 91/30 because I like it so and I have a bayo with it

Upvote 0
With what? 40 MKbs in Stalingrad I think only commanders and possibly squad leaders should get them.

I would say that only give MKB's to elite riflemen and squad leader, or assault and squad leader, or only assault and elite riflemen. If only squad leaders and commanders got it, it would act as a retard-magnet. People who don't know how to play commander well would select commander just for the weapon. I'd prefer that the most important class should have an unappealing weapon, so mp40 and kar98 (or perhaps G41) for axis commander would be nice. Also, removing regular grenades from commander class wouldn't hurt, it's not like he's supposed to be right in the frontlines charging the enemy. (I've been to many countdown games where the commander charged through the lines and died, causing us to lose the game, because no reinforcement wave could be given).

Upvote 0
Game is unbalance 100%!!!
MP40 are better then PPSh but not that much. We can live with that...
But MKB42??? It is to powerful weapon. Like cheat weapon... Cant compare with any Soviet weapon. ATV-40 is a crap...
Maybe Germans have better weapons in that period, but soviets has 2x or 3x more manpower so then we play on servers 16vs32 or to have double more reinforcement?

Upvote 0
Thought about it over the night..

They cant limit the MKB anymore, people paid $10 to have their unlock, them restricting it more means less people get to use it, means more QQ on forums, and Devs change it anyways.

If anything, it needs a Nerf, and Russians need a huge buff to the PPSH.

Limit it more? No, people will cry. P

Reactions: Ambient
Upvote 0