• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Class System, w/Weapon Re-distribution.

New Class System, w/Weapon Re-distribution.

• Yes, these changes are good

Votes: 163 65.5%
  • Yes, changes with addendums/modification

Votes: 52 20.9%
  • No, the current class system is ok

Votes: 22 8.8%
  • I have no opinion, why am i voting?

Votes: 12 4.8%

• Total voters

Zoring

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Perth, Western Australia
I know there has been a couple of these threads already. But I also wanted to put forward my proposal into the crowded market. So apologies to the others. It's a lot to read but please do.

I have also included Alternative Native Class names. For when/if? we ever get 'native voices' like said. Current class names in order and their proposed changes: Commander, Squad Leader, Elite Rifleman, Elite Rifleman, Marksman, Machine Gunner, Assault, Anti-Tank, Engineer. With the addition of a new Class for access to the rare weaponry. Veteran unlocks are italicized

These changes may be unpopular with some people who are not concerned about Historical accuracy in these details, which is fine, in 'Relaxed Realism' mode the game can stay as it is.

German:
Platoon Leader/Zugf

Last edited:
Well as a Veteran unlock it seems appropriate as the Germans were very fond of the PPSh41 and would make use of it were ever possible. A German officer fighting on the front-line with a bit of experience would probably be very happy to get a hold of one. Here is a famous photo of a German Oberleutnant with a PPSh41:

battlestalingradgermans.jpg

Upvote 0
Well as a Veteran unlock it seems appropriate as the Germans were very fond of the PPSh41 and would make use of it were ever possible. A German officer fighting on the front-line with a bit of experience would probably be very happy to get a hold of one. Here is a famous photo of a German Oberleutnant with a PPSh41:

battlestalingradgermans.jpg

oh i see. thank you :)

thank guy looks badass lol looks like he's ready to f*** s*** up

Upvote 0
-snip-

These changes may be unpopular with some people who are not concerned about Historical accuracy in these details, which is fine, in 'Relaxed Realism' mode the game can stay as it is.

-snip-

So you are concerned about historical accuracy but propose to have less Russian Assault class positions...

PTRS less accurate then a PTRD.

Seriously?

Upvote 0
Well the class limits i wrote up are of course map dependent and a guideline it could easily be more, but with the Commander, Squad Leaders, Assault and Engineers with the PPSh you have 7-8 soldiers out of 32 armed with a PPSh41 not a bad preportion historically for the early war period. If you had a map featuring or simulating the Tank Descent battalion you could happily have it 100% PPSh41 and i would be happy!

Also the PTRS would be less intrinsically accurate than a PTRD, a bolt action with no moving mechanical parts at firing is always more accurate than a semi-automatic weapon, even in AT Rifle preportions.

Upvote 0
I don't care as long as there are changes made to severly limit those Hero weapon unlocks.

This I can agree with.

But...

Specially Zoring seems to lack knowledge about why Stalingrad was a turning point in the war.
Stalingrad was the first time the Russian high command (Stalin and Co.) gave their battlefield commanders the freedom to lead their armies as they saw fit.
Chuikov (yeah yeah, here he goes again... but I havn't seen any references that deny claims in those references...) saw the superiority of the Luftwaffe as a real threat, so he pushed his own lines as close as a grenades throw distance from the German lines. Germans lost their close airsupport because of this, too afraid to hit their own men.
He dropped the idea of fighting in "regular units" (divisions/companies etc.).
As opposed to German doctrine who still thought in "Kesselschlacht" with divisions/companies etc.
Also Hitler was giving orders how to take each housingblock from his Wolfsschanze in East Prussia.

It was a turningpoint because of the way war was waged.
Russian soldiers named Stalingrad "The Stalingrad streetfighting academy".

Now bring me some examples why there should be less assault classes available...

Reactions: kapulA
Upvote 0
In real life the Germans focused more on big unit tactics and long range fighting, hence why they should have bigger squads in game and have much more ammo for the lmg's, but the Russians focused more on small unit tactics and close range fighting, hence why they should have smaller squads and more (and better) smg's , semi auto rifles, and grenades.

Also, just take out the MKB, AVT, and MP40/II etc and leave them for firefight mode, the only "rare" weapons in realism mode should be the G41 and C96, they were actually in the battle but in small numbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meismenotyou
Upvote 0
I'd remove the M91/30 from the German marksman class since the real marksmen would've prefered the K98 anyway, and then add in the K98 with a 4x ZF39 scope, later upgradable to a 6x Ziesechs scope.

This is true, but since the Mn 91/30 was widely used by soldiers who wanted to become Snipers i thought it a decent option maybe the Mn 91/30 should be the first option and then you level up to the K98k! :D. I will addend the list from 'Scope' to the correct ZF39, i couldn't find the correct name.
file.php

Last edited:
Reactions: Meismenotyou
Upvote 0