• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I loved the beta, but..

Kreon

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
now my interest in this game is slowly fading away.
The higher pings and the bad performance are very annoying but I'm sure things like this will be fixed, although I don't understand why the full version seems to run worse for a majority of people. Pings were fine in the first 9 days of the dde beta, too.

Whereas the addition of the MKb 42 has always been a controversial subject, I have never expected that TWI implements it in such a poor way.
I always thought TWI had a sophisticated way of implementing it in mind.
They were talking about hero classes being the only ones carrying this weapon so that we won't see more than like 2-8 on a 64 player battlefield.

But what we have now feels like a sheer fraud perpetrated on the loyal fans.
At the moment the game just feels like a victim of a rushed release not only because of the wide spread performance problems. Things like a perma attached bayonet, missing animations for changing firemode or adjusting iron sights, a detailed wounding system, that doesn't have any effects and now the MKb 42 disaster make the game feel unfinished.

The game is still fun, but the unique Red Orchestra feel seems to suffer from design decisions that haven't been thought through.

Last edited:
I don't see why they had a beta when they didn't fix anything. I wanted my money back but Valve wouldn't give me a refund which I think is unfair. So I'm just reporting it to fair trading to hopefully flag up Steams ****ty service and how the customer is treated unfairly with digital sales. If I bought anything physical and it didn't work then I'd expect a refund.

Upvote 0
i said so early on during the beta, that one of the major reasons that the beta is fun is because all the players are on a level playing field.

we did not have to contend with OPed guns and moronic unlocks

This is what happened in the PS3 BC2 beta for me. The max level was 10 or so, and each class only unlocked the first weapon. I played for about a week or so after the game actually came out before I sold it (and the PS3).

Upvote 0
Very strange but I feel the best game performance for me was during early beta also. I've been through both SP campaigns now and although playable it always felt 'clunky'. Tried to play online last night and crashed within 5 minutes :(

TWI need time and our patience to get it sorted. Pretty frustrating at the moment though.

That's because the first map everyone played apartments runs really well.

Upvote 0