• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Pavlov's house and why it is terrible.

Poerisija

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
Firstly, this map is unbalanced. It is far easier for axis to attack Pavlov's house than allies to attack the ruins @ E-objective. The differing distance of spawns and the locations themselves play a part here - axis are closer AND have more cover to attack from.

Other imbalance lies in the tanks - PzIV is clearly superior in a map where T34's only advantage, speed, is ignorable. Not to mention you can park Panzers hull-down in the 9th january square, have hull-mg pepper dom pavlova and gunner kill T34's at their spawn exit.

Simple solution exists - make it an attack/defend map instead of this stupidity.

Firstly, this map is unbalanced. It is far easier for axis to attack Pavlov's house than allies to attack the ruins @ E-objective. The differing distance of spawns and the locations themselves play a part here - axis are closer AND have more cover to attack from.

Other imbalance lies in the tanks - PzIV is clearly superior in a map where T34's only advantage, speed, is ignorable. Not to mention you can park Panzers hull-down in the 9th january square, have hull-mg pepper dom pavlova and gunner kill T34's at their spawn exit.

Simple solution exists - make it an attack/defend map instead of this stupidity.

Translation: "I keep getting killed on the Pavlov's House map therefore I don't like it".

Upvote 0
Go and play COD then and leave the realism in for us to enjoy.

What? I like how everyone swings around the CoD-insult card on this forum.

I'm not even insulting the game, I'm just saying it's not realistic. Which is true. Do you have to stop to take a leak, have a drink, sleep, go see the medic, etc? No you don't. All your character has to do is bend down and tie his shoes when he is shot and all his problems go away. You can also be killed millions of times and you always come back with the same name, rank, stats, and weapon. Sorry, but this is by no stretch of the means realistic. Why is it like this? BECAUSE IT IS A GAME AND IF IT WERE FULLY REALISTIC IT WOULD NOT BE FUN. The same rule extends to the maps. These maps are based off real situations with clear victors and losers. So if you replicate these maps to every last detail, you will find people do not like playing on the losing side and will most likely not enjoy themselves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I'm not even insulting the game, I'm just saying it's not realistic. Which is true. Do you have to stop to take a leak, have a drink, sleep, go see the medic, etc? No you don't. All your character has to do is bend down and tie his shoes when he is shot and all his problems go away. You can also be killed millions of times and you always come back with the same name, rank, stats, and weapon. Sorry, but this is by no stretch of the means realistic. Why is it like this? BECAUSE IT IS A GAME AND IF IT WERE FULLY REALISTIC IT WOULD NOT BE FUN.

Don't worry it'll be released in November for you, run along now.

Upvote 0
And people buy games to enjoy themselves, and chances are they don't enjoy themselves on unbalanced maps. Stop pushing the whole "it's realistic" thing because this game is far from.

Stop assuming. Maybe the game isn't completely realistic, but it does have to at least have some realistic elements, and this would be one of them. Of course a game is not going to be completely realistic. That doesn't mean it should be completely unrealistic, either.

Upvote 0

I'm not even insulting the game, I'm just saying it's not realistic. Which is true. Do you have to stop to take a leak, have a drink, sleep, go see the medic, etc? No you don't. All your character has to do is bend down and tie his shoes when he is shot and all his problems go away. You can also be killed millions of times and you always come back with the same name, rank, stats, and weapon. Sorry, but this is by no stretch of the means realistic. Why is it like this? BECAUSE IT IS A GAME AND IF IT WERE FULLY REALISTIC IT WOULD NOT BE FUN. The same rule extends to the maps. These maps are based off real situations with clear victors and losers. So if you replicate these maps to every last detail, you will find people do not like playing on the losing side and will most likely not enjoy themselves.

This guy just owned everyone who just resorted to the realism card when they couldn't argue against people who say the game is imbalanced (which it obviously is)

Upvote 0
I agree that Pavlov is unbalanced, I haven't seen the russians win once, partially because people don't bother with the caps and partially because the map is easier of the germans. Closer spawns for the russians might help, perhaps some changes in the class limits on both sides too.

On maps like Spartanovka, the Germans are the attacking force yet for some reason they spawn MUCH closer to the objectives.

I don't know about you folks, but I'm seeing some extreme Axis bias in this game.

Upvote 0
I don't feel very owned.

You don't have to feel owned. But know that you have been owned.

I don't think the balance was that bad on RO1 (Except for the tanks, but i wont go in to that)

I think the biggest problem right now in terms of balance is the fact that the ppsh is underpowered, in the war a drum mag was to be standard as it was in 1942 and the ppsh had very low recoil, not like what it is in game.

Upvote 0