• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Changing my Keybinds

Goodnoodle

Sep 14, 2011
So.. I have this odd bug where after I release left-shift after sprinting, the character will keep moving forward without stopping, pressing W doesn't help, nor does S.
So I press escape, great my character stops moving. Now I try to move again, if I press W nothing happens, same with S. When I press D my character leans to the right, when I press A my character walks sideways like normal.

So I was thinking that perhaps RO changed my binds, so I go to keymapping and see that everything's the way it should be, W is for walking foward, S for walking backwards etc. So I try to rebind walking forward to W again, and when I do it says I bound , to walking forward I try again and the same thing happens.

So.. I have no idea why this happens, W doesn't write out , when I write in Chrome so I assume there's something wrong with RO or Steam, not my comp or keyboard.

Thank you for any help.

are you getting a message from windows about "sticky keys"? windows likes to do this if it sees your holding down and/or pressing the shift key. maybe that is what is happening to you at the beginning of what your explaining, but im not sure why the game would remap your walking foward key to the comma afterwards

Upvote 0
Hi !

It's because you hold SHIFT for running and ALT to prone. ALT+SHIFT = Windows changes the language of your PC (if you have more than one language installed) and it switches your keyboard.

Me for example, I'm french and I have an AZERTY keyboard. If I hold ALT+SHIFT my keyboard become QWERTY, this is why your binds doesn't work. All you have to do is to disable the ALT+SHIFT key in Windows somewhere in the control panel (I can't tell exactly where since my windows is in french).

Sorry for my pitty english btw:D

Upvote 0