• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Black Screen on start of game need help plz

ShadowPlay

Aug 29, 2011
every time i load up red orchestra 2 i always get a black/blank screen.my desktop resoultion is 1360x768 windows xp 32bit color.also using a 19inch hdtv/monitor.my pc specs r.
os xp
nvidia geforce 9500gt
triple core
4gbram.

also tried the ini base engine files but no luck there any suggestions?

Sorry i tried ALL these things but i have still get the black screen after the Trip wire ad it plays the music and is black SOME ONE HELP I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO PLAY FOR A YEAR help asap :IS2:
have you checked to make sure the game is set to your monitors resolution? something else to look for. open task manager and right-click on rogame.exe open the set afinity tab and make sure it's set to use at least two processors.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I cant tell what rez its at becuase as soon as it reachs the menu its full black so i cant see anything :/ :IS2:
Edit : it is set to use all 7 processors

go to mydocuments\mygames\redorchestra2\config

in there open roengine.ini with notepad and press control + f to search for ResX and ResY

if your resolution is 1920x1080 then ResX should be 1920 and ResY should be 1080

Upvote 0
Wow thanks for trying but i tryed to find ResX and Y but it says it cannot find either :/ any idea why?:IS2:
Edit: found it its set at 1920 and 1080 but it still is black 0.0 im at a lose

Edit 2: the screen is black and when i go over a menu setting it is underlined red does that help???

Last edited:
Upvote 0
can you go to your graphicscard control panel and check if all mipmap settings etc are at high. And that anti aliasing is disabled (perhaps reset all settings to the default?).

It sounds like some graphical option is stopping you from seeing everything.

Just to be sure try the following as well

1. Go to mydocuments\mygames\redorchestra2 and delete everything inside
2. Go to steam\steamapps\common\redorchestra2\rogame\config delete everything inside
3. Open steam -> library -> right click RS/Ro2 -> properties -> local files and click on verify the integrity of the game cache.

Upvote 0