• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 peak at 9300 players

After seeing the beta numbers it was about what I expected.

However its lower than I hoped because even if you start close to 10000 that means you will likely drop down to something like 2000 pretty quickly after launch. If twi manages to get some needed polish into the game, and then releases a big free dlc, I think the player amounts could rise a good lot.

I think a key effect will be whether RO will get some good reviews, and good patches out now. RO1 and Killingfloor had their peak a bit past launch afaik.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
correct me if im wrong, but ROOST was trough steam....no?

I remember reading some where how Valve helped TWI out. again i could be wrong...getting old lol;)

I'm not sure. I only got introduced to steam in late 2007 with Team Fortress 2's release and I'm pretty sure statistics didn't exist back then. Wikipedia says RO:OST was released in 2006 so I automatically assumed steam didn't exist either :) No idea

Upvote 0
I'm not sure. I only got introduced to steam in late 2007 with Team Fortress 2's release and I'm pretty sure statistics didn't exist back then. Wikipedia says RO:OST was released in 2006 so I automatically assumed steam didn't exist either :) No idea

EDIT: As for the peak amount of players, remember thats the MOST amount of players playing at the same time. But i thought be slightly higher but i didn't expect it to be great because of the 'niche' market the game sits in. Also they haven't marketed the game very much.

Steam has been about since 2003. The released a patch for all Valve games which introduced a much more basic version of it and its simply snowballed since then.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would have expected, or hoped, for a bit higher numbers at release to be honest. Not that they are bad though, but as always they will drop rapidly in the coming weeks. But hopefully TWI will fix up the game, add some free content and do a free weekend which brings back old players and gives new people who were unsure of the game a chance to try it.

Upvote 0