• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Have you ever seen a buggier release?

So many titles...

I'll only list the releases I remember and experienced myself (at home or at a friend's place)

- Battlefields series : but it has funny vehicles !

- ArmA series : oh the optimization ! You could have the best rig on earth, you would still get stuttering and fps drops.

- GTA series (3D ones) : ho the bad ports (GTA IV takes the cake).

- Hidden & Dangerous series, and their successor in the "very ambitious game plagued by bugs" category, S

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Absolute praise is no different to absolute criticism. All these guys come on here and complain, and there is only a small set of actual "complaints".

First there are the guys who find out they can't play as well as they thought, and think that's the game's fault.

Then there are the guys who expect the game to be totally bug free on release day, despite the fact no game in the history of PC gaming has been bug free on release. Even the people that remember a bug free release are actually only remembering a release that was bug free FOR THEM.

And they all want the same thing - they want TWI to do the impossible:make them a better player, or produce a bug free game with a fraction of the resources of the companies they are being compared to, and even THOSE games are hardly bug free.

I'm standing by my original statement that SC2 was released bug free. There's your one game in history for ya, and ya its mostly because it had millions of beta testers. Well actually they did have ONE bug where you could not view replays that was quickly fixed, and they did have a few Mac bugs upon release. Can we really consider that a buggy release though, most devs don't even release Mac versions of their games until much later than the windows release

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They still haven't fixes it. I have a quad core with a 460GTX and I still get piss poor FPS on all low.

There are commands you do in console to fix this. Can't remember atm, but just google black ops console commands for pc. One of the standard commands they have is to limit your fps to 50 or 60 lol. So ya, i would think they would have fixed that by now...

Upvote 0
Black Ops was a broken down piece of crap when it was released and it took ages for them to fix it

They fixed it?

All I saw them do was nerf the good stuff .. and amp the OP stuff -

Sure a few optimizations made buggy maps run a bit better...

However - IMO they broke it more and more, by never addressing the issues that it had.

Oh but they did not hesitate in releasing over priced DLC further destroying the community- But why would Activision care about that when they pump out bland COD's every 8 months.

Upvote 0
I'm standing by my original statement that SC2 was released bug free. There's your one game in history for ya, and ya its mostly because it had millions of beta testers. Well actually they did have ONE bug where you could not view replays that was quickly fixed, and they did have a few Mac bugs upon release. Can we really consider that a buggy release though?

Oh, really? Then explain this:

Updated 9/8/11 at 7:00 PM PDT

Infestor’s Neural Parasite can no longer target Massive units.
Custom maps with dependencies containing trigger libraries will now load significantly faster in the editor.
Fixed an issue where closing the editor while the previewer is recording would crash the Editor.
Fixed an issue where at the end of a replay the leaving player’s Average APM would set to 0.
Fixed an issue where Broodlords on the high ground would not be revealed when attacking enemy units on the low ground.
Fixed an issue where Bunkers would not display their refunded minerals to the owner or allies when they are salvaged.
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/1213111662

I see bugs being fixed. What do you see? Note the date on that post.

And not just SOME bugs, but LOADS of bugs, and that is the 1.4 patch, so this isn't even the first and only lot of bugs they have had to fix. Not only that, but there are still some issues that haven't been fixed by the 1.4 patch either:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2837153785

And, all of this was AFTER they had a BETA with over a million players.

Last edited:
Reactions: aD.Luoson
Upvote 0
Oh, really? Then explain this:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/1213111662

I see bugs being fixed. What do you see?

I see a bug that I mentioned just now in my post, and I suppose 3 VERY minor bugs that I did not know about. The rest is just updates in general, and imho the replay bug was the only bug worth mentioning. I suppose I can't say it was a bug free release, but it was certainly the LEAST BUGGIEST RELEASE OF ALL TIME. ZERO GAMEBREAKERS. Sry for caps.

Upvote 0
In all my 30 years of computer gaming, going back to the old Coleco computer with the tape drive you hooked up to your tv, I have seen only a single release buggier, and that was nearly 20 years ago: "Darklands."

I am sick of CTD's and getting stuck playing the Station map where the G41 sight is absolutely useless, as well as a browser that refuses to refresh after 1 attempt!!!

Upvote 0
beat me to it. But we got some good years out of that game. Same with Ro2 once the dev team gets fixes rolling.

Nobody will ever beat the gloriously awful launch of WW2Online. (At least nobody will and somehow manage to survive like they have) Cliffs of Dover came pretty close, but without the massively multiplayer element, no matter how screwed up your game is it just can't match the total chaos of that launch.

edit: And I don't think this launch is very bad to be honest. None of the bugs are gamebreaking unless you refuse to play any game that runs under 50fps. I don't have a supercomputer and the only bug that really annoys me is that way hit detection comes and goes on many servers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0