• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Turn off Tank AI, or make them worse!

retrofly

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 18, 2006
AI in tanks is a joke, they never miss, what witht he main gun and the MG all a driver needs to do is park it at your spawn and they rack up the kills, one guy even boasted that all he would do is sit there and get 100 kills.

I saw someone in a tank on pavlovs house get 80 odd kills in TE, he said he never fired a shot.

Now I knwo oyu will say "well kill the tank". I was anti-tank for most of the map trying to take them down, I killed a couple but dies so many times from the AI MG'er, who targets you with what feels like is a laser.

Our tanks on our side we'rent doing much at all, and its not like I could jump in one myself.

I just hate the fact I'm getting killed by AI that feel like they have an aimbot on.

Force people to use tanks properly, either with teammates or make the player have to switch between positions.

Thanks, sorry about the rant.

Now I knwo oyu will say "well kill the tank". I was anti-tank for most of the map trying to take them down, I killed a couple but dies so many times from the AI MG'er, who targets you with what feels like is a laser.

It's ****ing impossible to pen a PzIV with the anti-tank rifle when they're 500m away from you camped on the other side of the map with only their front exposed. Good luck getting an engineer or a antitank rifle to sprint 500m of flat open terrain while the AI hull turret aimbot snipes all the way to the other side of the map. ****in bull****.

Upvote 0
Language mate no need for it.

It's ****ing impossible to pen a PzIV with the anti-tank rifle when they're 500m away from you camped on the other side of the map with only their front exposed. Good luck getting an engineer or a antitank rifle to sprint 500m of flat open terrain while the AI hull turret aimbot snipes all the way to the other side of the map. ****in bull****.
he seems to be in the rangeof what other people do, and don't get in trouble.

Upvote 0
Also, is it just me or is tanking with people hands down the most boring thing in the world?

I mean one would assume things like this would be funner friends but its not. Me and my friends tried tanking in the beta for about 10min until we gave up and took separate tanks.

-the commander and the gunner is the one having fun.

-the driver is losing his eyesight from staring through that misaligned port hole all the time

-the friend who gets stuck as the machingunner is definitely on the bottom from your group of friends. As 99% of the time he will be doing nothing but staring at a pen on his desk and imagining it jammed into the darkest recesses of his brain.

It is about as boring as attending a microsoft access convention

Upvote 0
The Ai is pretty awesome. It was killing a lot of t34s. I also find it useful sitting in the cuppola and waiting for the turret to turn then take the gunners position as often it's very hard to spot things on some maps. There's no way I would play a tank with randoms in it. I tried that today, they just expose your side armour or steal the gunners spot which means instead of looking out of the cuppola with a good view you have to stay in the gunners position so you still get to fire the tank which means tunnel vision.
As others have said driving a tank is no fun and will not earn you any kills and the hull machine gunner rarely gets much of a chance to shoot stuff. I feel the AI balances out the fact that you can't see a damn thing added to which so many maps are utterly unsuitable for tank warfare and the tank is actually at a massive disadvantage. I had no trouble whatsoever avoiding tanks as an infantryman or just wandering up alongside them and throwing a AT grenade on them.

I was only in a t34 once and it was bugged out so never tried it again but the Germans did have superior training and optics and a roomier turret. I also find that your commander always dies in the PzIV, some AT rifle will shoot your cuppola which always penetrates.

Upvote 0
Also, is it just me or is tanking with people hands down the most boring thing in the world?

I mean one would assume things like this would be funner friends but its not. Me and my friends tried tanking in the beta for about 10min until we gave up and took separate tanks.

-the commander and the gunner is the one having fun.

-the driver is losing his eyesight from staring through that misaligned port hole all the time

-the friend who gets stuck as the machingunner is definitely on the bottom from your group of friends. As 99% of the time he will be doing nothing but staring at a pen on his desk and imagining it jammed into the darkest recesses of his brain.

It is about as boring as attending a microsoft access convention

Than I can honestly say tanking isn't your thing, but some of us actually love tanking with pals. The AI is way too good. I would suggest going to realism servers, because there you can't lock other players out of your tank.

Upvote 0
Are you joking me, how bout Fallen Fighters, Red October, COMMISSAR'S MAP, Pavlov's etc. these maps are all hull turret AI heaven especially for PzIVs. You can stay 500 meters away and let the turret do all the work for you, while kicking the *** of any T-34 that sticks its head out. My K:D ratio was like 4:1 for enemy T-34 killsonly trading frontal shots blow for blow, no use of tactics at all. Just look at this bull****. http://i.imgur.com/CIAu4.jpg I sat in the same spot and absorbed over 15-20 shells per life, and unceasing anti-tank rifle fire.

This happens everytime I happen to play axis and there are PzIvs available. T-34s can't do this because PzIvs can pen them easily just shooting the turret and killing the gone over and over, hell even antitank rifles can destroy a T-34 simply by shooting the front something that they can never hope to do vs a PzIV.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Than I can honestly say tanking isn't your thing, but some of us actually love tanking with pals. T

ok, i wanted to see if anyone else found it somewhat pointless to tank with friends or not.

frankly i find it tactically more advantageous to have 3 friends with 3 separate tanks, rather than all of them in the same one.

Upvote 0