• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Question] what the????????

shorelinetrance

Jun 24, 2006
Yesterday, i was running everything fine on a mix of high/medium at 50 fps on this machine

x955
5770 1gb
4 gigs ram

now today, i try to play. runs @ a constant 10 fps. first i thought, maybe hardware problem. but i tried to play battlefield bad company 2 on maxium settings @ 1080p. smooth as eggs. couldn't be processor/video card.

wtf? im at a loss for words.

Last edited:
So, between release yesterday and the same version today, your frame rate went down?

Because since release, there wasn't anything else released that would affect your framerate like that.

No the OP is right. The beta did it some days. Its not ping, its weired to describe, its like the performance of the engine changes due to an unknown factor. Not sure if its some type of Memory leak or a peice of data that logs up. Its like some days its ok and some days its high demands. It might be server side, but i am sure its engine/data related.

I can also get 12 more witnesses who have seen this weired draw back.

Upvote 0
So, between release yesterday and the same version today, your frame rate went down?

Because since release, there wasn't anything else released that would affect your framerate like that.

i know, thats why im going WTF. i can run graphically intensive games on max, no problem. checked cpu temps, more than fine under load. same with graphics card.

i just don't understand why i could run it on basically high yesterday @ 1080p, and today i try and its a slideshow.

beta was consistent fine performance.

Upvote 0
i know, thats why im going WTF. i can run graphically intensive games on max, no problem. checked cpu temps, more than fine under load. same with graphics card.

i just don't understand why i could run it on basically high yesterday @ 1080p, and today i try and its a slideshow.

beta was consistent fine performance.

Theory = I have a feeling its server side. Like the server is storing allot of temp information which backs it up effecting performance. They restart the server and it "cleans it". I am not sure its just a theory, i cannot test due to me not owning a server.

I have deffinately seen that, somedays the perfomance is better than others and its not ping related.

Oh and to stop anyone saying its my system specs...

Windows 7 64bit
I7 3GH
4GB Corsair Tri-Channel Ram
Asus Rampage 2 Extreme Mobo
1TB WD Drive
Radeon ATI 5970 GC

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Performance is all over the place.

Sometimes 30fps being nice and smooth, and sometimes system unresponsiveness on 60fps

I often say in chat - hmm, its not bad, actually... hey it runs great!
And then comes artillery or Fallen Fighters or I go to one of those 64 players...

Server on which you play is a factor too. There are tons of 64 player servers with everyone on 300+ ping that can barely host 32 men. I've seen my LAN server giving me 80ms ping

When connecting to a server, I am always puzzled how's performance gonna be.
And connecting on the same server does not mean I'll get same performance like before.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Performance is all over the place.

Sometimes 30fps being nice and smooth, and sometimes system unresponsiveness on 60fps

I often say in chat - hmm, its not bad, actually... hey it runs great!
And then comes artillery or Fallen Fighters or I go to one of those 64 players...

Server on which you play is a factor too. There are tons of 64 player servers with everyone on 300+ ping that can barely host 32 men

When connecting to a server, I am always puzzled how's performance gonna be.
And connecting on the same server does not mean I'll get same performance like before.

I have seen these factors before, this is just standared event FPS hits. Its hard to describe what i get, its either constantly good or constantly bad. I dont take event hits, therefore i know my system can handle the game well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
im gonna deleted my config/game ini's and see if that helps. if that doesnt help, anyone else have any suggestions?

I say wait for a patch, theres definately performance fixes and it wouldnt surpise me if there are some sort of memory leaks going on that get patched.

My faith in TWI fixing the problems are solid... my faith on why there are soo many problems however is questionable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I say wait for a patch, theres definately performance fixes and it wouldnt surpise me if there are some sort of memory leaks going on that get patched.

My faith in TWI fixing the problems are solid... my faith on why there are soo many problems however is questionable.

ugh. its just frustrating because it works smooth as balls yesterday, and today its literally a 40 down to 10 fps complete slideshow. unplayable. jus wanna play ;-;

Upvote 0