• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Field Demotion for Teamkillers

Mangley

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 7, 2011
Today I had the unpleasant experience of playing a game where our Commander was a clueless teamkilling moron. Shooting anything that moves. Score around -10. Not cool. Also I frequently find myself being killed at range by teammates who can't be bothered to check before they shoot.

There is already a field promotion feature that rewards good players. I would like to see a feature implemented where if a player excessively teamkills they become restricted to rifleman class for the rest of the match. Freeing up restricted classes they occupy to allow good players to actually play the role properly.

Of course this isn't as preferable as kicking or banning... but at the very least I want to make sure they are not ruining the entire progress of their team.

This would be nice at some point. I hope priority is offered for good classes if you have a team score 100% higher than somebody else.

One moron came into a game of Station, he took the squad leader class and he had severe issues identifying freind from foe even at ranges of only 50 meters. He had about 3 teamkills by the end of the round and no enemy kills.. not somebody who should be playing a limited leadership role.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I give abusive TK'ers a field demotion of my own. I shoot them in the head every time I see them, or show them the business end of my bayonet.

That will make em leave the server right quick.

If it was my server I would permanently ban you for this behavior.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Servers should be able to set the allowable amount of TKs. Standard should be three before you are kicked.

Upvote 0