• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] failed to find default engine .ini file to retrieve my documents subdirectory to use.

I have the same problem it is to play in English only. If I put it in German then I get the message "failed to find default engine .ini file to retrieve my documents subdirectory to use. force quitting" The demo worked without problems, however. Even with the installation of UE3Redist.exe I get the error message, the MS chart can not be installed. Who can help me?

Upvote 0
well i have sucessfully changed it......its all German now ;)

find your ROGame.ini and change language from INT to DEU.
See my posts before

Make sure you backup your configfiles before changing from english to other language.

with me is this line only in the ROEngine.ini to find and not in the ROGame.ini
I did not change despite the results-as you

Upvote 0
Okay

1. First i backup config in gamefolder and in userfolder (mydocuments/mygames/RedOrchestra/rogame/config)
2. changing language from english to any other (german in my case) available over steam (right click properties--->language)
3. steam will now load about 2,7GB of language stuff (voices, game menu, campaingmovies etc)
4. find your ROEngine.ini and change language from INT to DEU if you want to have german
5. start the GAME

for me it works

Upvote 0
Okay

1. First i backup config in gamefolder and in userfolder (mydocuments/mygames/RedOrchestra/rogame/config)
2. changing language from english to any other (german in my case) available over steam (right click properties--->language)
3. steam will now load about 2,7GB of language stuff (voices, game menu, campaingmovies etc)
4. find your ROEngine.ini and change language from INT to DEU if you want to have german
5. start the GAME

for me it works

Worked also for me. Thank you, Supersonicxx. Now everything is in German, except that voice saying: "We have won the battle for Germany." at the end of every round.

Upvote 0
a friend and me have the same problem. i tried to set speech on german and followed supersonicxx instructions but it didn`t work.
@supersonicxx: is this the right way?:
1: first set speech to german (then waiting long time while steam is downloading)
2: copy the inis
3: starting game and getting same failure as described in the topic
4: changing the ini file (INT to DEU)
5: starting game

i`ve done this but i still have the problem. it could be that a changed speech back to english and i have to try again. every time im changing the speech (steam->properties) steam is downloading a long time again...

Upvote 0
Copy the files from
\Steam\SteamApps\common\redorchestra2beta\ROGame\C onfig
to
\Steam\SteamApps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\Config
(or get them here: [URL="http://www.file-upload.net/download-...onfig.zip.html"][url]http://www.file-upload.net/download-...onfig.zip.html[/URL][/URL])

Then start the game once to generate config files in
\Users\[YOUR NAME]\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config

The game should load, but the menu glitches (red and yellow glitching colors)
To change this, open:
\Users\[YOUR NAME]\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config\ROEngine.ini
And change Language=INT to your language (DEU, FRA, etc)
Now everything should work.
Had the same problem and this was the solution! Game works in german now!

Upvote 0
hmm guys try again.

i had to download 4 GB to get the solution....

the problem is each time you change language lots of files get deleted (movies are the largest ones)

i posted a link where you can find inis

make sure you start the game a first time with english to get acutally the right inis and then set language to what you want via steam. let steam DL the files and then just edit the roengine.ini in your mydocument/RedOrchestra2/Rogame folder.

i hope TWI will fix this soon -.-

Upvote 0
hmm guys try again.

i had to download 4 GB to get the solution....

the problem is each time you change language lots of files get deleted (movies are the largest ones)

i posted a link where you can find inis

make sure you start the game a first time with english to get acutally the right inis and then set language to what you want via steam. let steam DL the files and then just edit the roengine.ini in your mydocument/RedOrchestra2/Rogame folder.

i hope TWI will fix this soon -.-

Your link doesn

Upvote 0
(Ah, I can log in now, great!)

I found a fix for that this morning, let me copy the instructions:

Copy the files from
\Steam\SteamApps\common\redorchestra2beta\ROGame\Config
to
\Steam\SteamApps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\Config
(or get them here: http://www.file-upload.net/download-3733649/Config.zip.html)

Then start the game once to generate config files in
\Users\[YOUR NAME]\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config

The game should load, but the menu glitches (red and yellow glitching colors)
To change this, open:
\Users\[YOUR NAME]\Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config\ROEngine.ini
and change Language=INT to your language (DEU, FRA, etc)
Now everything should work.

Upvote 0