• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Which map is your favorite, and why?

Hillstorm

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 3, 2011
Right now, my favorite is still Grain Elevator. The historical significance of the site is huge, and I also love that tense feeling when the axis first start moving inside the main building. Battles on different floors, you can actually hear gunfire above and below you, and you have to decide: do I go up or down? And what will be waiting for me at the end of the stairs??

Second place may be Red October, now that I'm getting more familiar with the layout and the objectives. Quite a bit can happen on that map.

Grain Elevator just because it's so bloody epic, very amazing to spawn and see the tower looming in the distance with the fire-laded sky above it. I have a soft spot for Fallen Fighter too.. if you actually make an effort to use cover in the square you can make a lot of capturing progress, and it's really intense when you have hoards of campers shooting at you to no avail :D

I guess TW is meeting a status quo, but all the maps are fairly generic in gameplay, there's no particularly large or free-form TE maps, you basically just spawn, rush forward in human waves and then die 1-2 minutes later (if even that) Though I found ROOST to be the same way with many of it's urban maps.

Waiting on the BF2-sized custom maps where you can spawn, actually work with your squad and stay alive for longer than 5 minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Carrick1973
Upvote 0
LOVE the Grain Elevator map. There have been a couple of times when I just stopped mid game to look at the light streaming through the building, as well as the beautiful teal of the grain elevator building itself. Really is awe inspiring. It would be nice to include that into a large scale RO style map where you could actually use the tanks to come in to help take the area.

Upvote 0