• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I want an apology..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the problems referenced here are more situational issues. Did you try contacting TWI for some help with the issue? This seems more like a possible hardware issue of goof-up that may not be TWI's fault. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of issues that need to be fixed, but this probably would've been fixed by talking to a support dude/dudette.

Upvote 0
What's it like being so entitled? I bet you're miserable, considering the world doesn't really like to give you things just because you want them.

And another one...

Guess what? He -IS- entitled to have the software function properly. He -IS- entitled to expect that it will install correctly when he puts the disc that he purchased in his drive. That is what you pay for when you buy software, the expectation that it will work within reasonable limits. Purchasing a boxed copy only to have it fail to install from the disc is NOT reasonable functionality.

It may not be asked for in the correct way, but in every other business in the world, when a company makes a mistake that negatively affects their customers, they APOLOGIZE. They don't have legions of fanboys insulting everyone who has a problem and voices their frustration over it as they are ENTITLED TO DO as paying customers.

Upvote 0
Been slaving 10 hours at work. Pre-purchased the retail version.. Having a joy too get home. Getting home. Tryin too install by CD ... Time left : 1 year.

After 25 minutes the same status 0% installed.
Cancel that and starts too download.
2 hours download time on 13mbit/s fiber.
Reading forums about the problems people experienced.
Facing the fact i wont be able too play until i have too sleep.
Facing the fact i can't do anything while downloading your game.

This problems were the EXACT Call of Duty - Black ops had on their release.
I've been watching you @ Games con. Promoting RO2.
You'd pushed up the release date with a month.
And we customers is getting this?
Im sorry too say im very, very disapointed.
Failing with an installation from a damn cd?
First release of Half-life did'nt have those problems. That were 1998. It's 2011 now.

Im a grateful customer of RO.
But this is just a failure.
A big apology is waiting from you. Im sitting here actually thinking of an refound cause this problems have i already gone thru with black ops.

You're complaining that it's not installing fast enough...? Seriously?

My god this takes the biscuit, do you whiners sit around all day and make this stuff up?

Upvote 0
You're complaining that it's not installing fast enough...? Seriously?

My god this takes the biscuit, do you whiners sit around all day and make this stuff up?

Did you read his post? 25 minutes and not even 1% complete? That's not installing at all, rather than not installing fast enough. Subtle difference, I know, but a difference nonetheless.

Upvote 0
Point is he spent money and time buying that CD and it doesnt really work, now go to the bathroom and wash your nose, its too brown and it smells.

But does this need to be complained about?!

No! Is the answer as it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things as he will have the game downloaded. Sometimes things don't go our way in life but hey we get over it...

Upvote 0
Been slaving 10 hours at work. Pre-purchased the retail version.. Having a joy too get home. Getting home. Tryin too install by CD ... Time left : 1 year.

After 25 minutes the same status 0% installed.

You think they maintain a server and network link JUST FOR YOU?

You are not the only one trying to download the game. Think about it. ANY website that has a TON more traffic than usual, slows down. How long have you been on the net?

Reading forums about the problems people experienced.

But will you come back once the download is complete and you don't have problems and apologise for making accusations before you even played the game?

Facing the fact i wont be able too play until i have too sleep.
Facing the fact i can't do anything while downloading your game.

Try facing the fact that you are blaming TWI for things that are totally out of their control.

This problems were the EXACT Call of Duty - Black ops had on their release.

Except that was made by a multi-milllion or even billion dollar company, and this was made by essentially a group of modders.

So, seeing as they had so little resources, the fact they have produced a game that is superior in every way to CoD:BO AND is no more buggy, should be something you CONGRATULATE them for, not complain about.

You are coming across as a whiney ***** with an over inflated sense of entitlement. You paid LESS for this game than any other game out there, and STILL you are complaining.

I've been watching you @ Games con. Promoting RO2.
You'd pushed up the release date with a month.
And we customers is getting this?
Im sorry too say im very, very disapointed.

Then you are in for a very disappointing life. ALL GAMES ARE LIKE THIS. ALL OF THEM. Most are MUCH WORSE. Hell, even CONSOLE games have bugs. And TWI are a tiny company trying to make a game that works on every possible PC they can. They have done remarkably well. Better than EA ever has. better than Treyarch or any other company you can name.

Failing with an installation from a damn cd?

Not very bright, are you? You are NOT installing from the CD. The CD just gives you an easy way to install from the net, apparently. If the game is downloading, it is because it is not on the CD. It's pretty ****ing obvious to anyone with a brain.

First release of Half-life did'nt have those problems. That were 1998. It's 2011 now.

Bull****. EVERY GAME has problems. ALL OF THEM. It's because of the nature of PC gaming. You are trying to run ONE program on thousands of different permutations of computer hardware and software. Unless you buy and test the game on EVERY POSSIBLE COMBINATION, there WILL BE BUGS. It's a fact of life.

A big apology is waiting from you. Im sitting here actually thinking of an refound cause this problems have i already gone thru with black ops......

Nope. They owe you nothing. You are comparing the DAY ONE performance of this game to a game that has been out for AGES. BFBC2 STILL crashes for me every half hour or so on the same machine RO2 runs fine on. Except EA are sending me emails asking me to buy BF3, for twice the price of RO2, and not even TRYING to fix the game I already paid for.

Come back in a month's time and complain. Or a years time and complain. If the game isn't fixed by then, you have a cause. I know it takes at least that long to get any joy from any other company. So do you. You said so yourself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I didn't realize how many utterly dimwitted children and arse lickers there were on the forums. The guy bought a CD to save himself the 2 day download on Steam, yet said CD failed to work, like a lot of other RO2 features.

It's one thing to release a buggy game, it's another thing to ship CD's that don't even work. Absolutely unacceptable. Anyone that says it's ok because they a "indie dev" deserves to get punched in the mouth.

Reactions: nebsif
Upvote 0
If it would take a 'year' to install from the disk it looks likes signs towards the drive is dieing or slowly going wrong or you have a dodgy disk.

But then saying that Borderlands for me takes for ever to install from a disk yet everything else is fine.

Also btw be greatful for your internet connection as its miles faster then many anyways where i live near, took over 4 hours to download for me. Just have some pacient and relax after work.

Chris

Upvote 0
Not very bright, are you? You are NOT installing from the CD. The CD just gives you an easy way to install from the net, apparently. If the game is downloading, it is because it is not on the CD. It's pretty ****ing obvious to anyone with a brain.

Woah! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. Did you just say that TWI were releasing essentially BLANK CDs with a shortcut to Steam on them? ****ing hell where did you go to school?

Upvote 0
And another one...

Guess what? He -IS- entitled to have the software function properly. He -IS- entitled to expect that it will install correctly when he puts the disc that he purchased in his drive. That is what you pay for when you buy software, the expectation that it will work within reasonable limits. Purchasing a boxed copy only to have it fail to install from the disc is NOT reasonable functionality.

It may not be asked for in the correct way, but in every other business in the world, when a company makes a mistake that negatively affects their customers, they APOLOGIZE. They don't have legions of fanboys insulting everyone who has a problem and voices their frustration over it as they are ENTITLED TO DO as paying customers.

Oh absolutely he is entitled to get what he paid for. Is he entitled to a personal apology from the devs when dealing with problems that everyone is facing across the board? Heck no. If the devs were writing personal apologies to everyone who was upset that the game isn't working right, they wouldn't have time to patch the damn thing.

Besides, the CD doesn't contain anything more than the game assets. It has none of the executables or anything like that, so there is still a significant download requirement. On top of that, there are patches that must be downloaded. It's not the dev's fault his internet blows chunks, and their model of distribution is based heavily on Digital Distribution services like Steam. Buying the CD is basically pointless, and it has been mentioned time and again that it's a Steam-exclusive title.

So yes, it is rather entitled to expect a personal apology from the dev team, and I think it's hilarious.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.