• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Apology needed I'm afraid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flibby

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 12, 2007
As a supported of mods including day of defeat on hl and later RO, I have a major problem, but it is not necessarily the game I am most disappointed in. I have been looking at many many threads where people have performance issues, and the members of the 'dev team' or the people employed to do forum PR seem to come out with nothing except one of the following:

'you need a better computer...'

'it's hard work try making a game yourself...'

This ignores the fact that many people with performance issues have either top end systems, or can play graphically superior games at a consistently good fps etc etc.

I truly do believe that if TWI admitted to a rushed, flawed game, the community would have sympathy to some extent, am certainly more respect from the gamers struggling at present.

I believe the childish 'bashing' is unnecessary but something must be done.

I truly do believe that if TWI admitted to a rushed, flawed game, the community would have sympathy to some extent, am certainly more respect from the gamers struggling at present.

I believe the childish 'bashing' is unnecessary but something must be done.

No apology needed. EVERY GAME has issues. Companies like EA only fix what they have to, to get you to pay more for the next game. What TWI and people like myself are saying is that you are holding the small guys up to a standard that you do not hold the big guys up to.

You come here and complain that THIS game has the same sorts of problems EVERY game has, then act like TWI is being specifically bad compared to everyone else.

Tell us the name of a company that does it better. Just one. I bet you can't.

So what do they have to apologise for? Being just as good as anyone else if not better?

Let me put it this way: Try going to the EA forums and talk to a BF3 developer. That's right, you can't. They never even know you exist, because THEIR forums are just a marketing tool. TWI actually reads these forums, listens to complaints, and tries to address them. That alone is 100 times better than every other developer out there.

Even YOU noticed it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actually, it's to the point where, now that the game is out, bashing is appropriate.

What's not appropriate is whining. The time for whining passed months ago because nothing is likely to be done about anything. There really isn't such a thing as "constructive criticism" or "productive complaints" at this point in release. There are just hot tips and cool facts.

As long as the bashing is basically cynical dark humor then you're good to go.

Upvote 0
It doesnt matter how big or how small a company is. I expect to be able to play the game i payed for to somewhat tolerable degree on launch day, with this game the way it is right now i can barely call it that. Most servers right now are dishing out 300 plus ping and the lag is horrid, performance issues are rampant on high end machines, and the stats still are not working. Why should the community now be angry there was almost two full weeks of beta to get most of the bugs out of the way yet none of them are fixed.

Upvote 0
OP, if indeed a moderator or dev told you that, then sure, not the nicest thing to say...unless it is true. There have been people with great rigs that have had performance issues, and there are simply people with mediocre rigs trying to run the game on Ultra. These forums have been hammered with tons of feedback about the performance, some constructive some otherwise. I'd cut them some slack as they have been working nonstop since the launch of the beta 2 weeks ago, and are probably worn thin with some of the nonsense on the forums.

Upvote 0
I'm really happy with the game, I have a 6 year old computer and I'm surprised at the fact I can run the game so well
(medium settings). I wish the Beta ran better but I didn't spend any money on that. Thanks Tripwire, the game has a few bugs but its nothing that can't be fixed.

Eagerly awaiting further content!

How on earth can that be possible, I get 15 fps on medium with my rig that was built a year ago...

Upvote 0
How about some perspective?

I bought Bad Company 2 for PC. That game cannot run for more than about 15 minutes before it hard locks my rather impressive computer. There is a 265 page thread discussing the problem on the EA forums that as been completely ignored. [url]http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/3960/380660.page[/URL]

I think people need to realize that things are never perfect, especially not right away. At least TW is going to look at the problems instead of ignore them. The games has been out for 24 hours so they probably don't have time to start issuing personal apologies to all the malcontents. Maybe they are working on fixing said issues?

Upvote 0
To the OP:

I am in the IT field. I was a member of an IT Help Desk for approx 7 years, and when my friends found out I worked on computers they started hounding me with their issues as well. This is what I've learned from my experiences.........most people shouldn't be allowed to own a computer. A couple of easy questions to weed out the idiots.

1. Do you have anti-virus software installed, is it updated at least weekly, and does it do a weekly scan of your entire system?

2. Do you do routine maintenance, like cleaning up uneeded files and registry entries, using a program like CCleaner?

3. How many tool bars are installed in your web browser? IE Yahoo toolbar, Google toolbar, Bing etc? The list goes on and on, but the answer should be "None!"

4. Do you actually read before you click "OK" to installing something that just happens to popup when you're in the middle of doing something else?

5. Do you run Windows updates on your computer when they are available? Is your computer even configured to automatically download updates?

I could go on, but the people who are in tune with my line of thought know where I'm going. I'd be willing to bet that at least 50% of what people are calling bugs, are not bugs at all but configuration issues with their own computers. Chances are the people that report they have very little issues with the game are the ones that answered all the above questions correctly.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.