• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

so about heroes and their unlocks..

Kerc Kasha

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Heroes were advertised as the meanest, baddest and best equipped soldiers on the field. Now it's inferred that heroes are limited based on server settings and seem to be based around the honor system.

one thing has left me a little bit confused though, which is the 'hero' unlocks on the profile/stats page which lists as the heroes only unlock being enemy load outs, which is something every class gets at Veteran EXCEPT assault which gets the so called 'hero weapons' (MKB and AVT).

now the unlock list seems a bit bugged/off as machine gunners are unlocking semi-autos and marksmen unlock machine guns so I'm wondering is this an error or are the MKB and AVT no longer hero only weapons?

From what I have seen so far, the unlock system has been broken since beta. If they decided to keep it, I would expect certain changes to occur. Or an actual hero class to emerge once you unlock it.
Remove an advertised feature after game release? Has this happened before?

I mean, couldn't this lead to lawsuits ultimately? I know it's the worst case scenario and probably a little extreme.

Upvote 0
Hero player should just be the one with highest honor on the team, if everyone/multiple are max-honor the one with most lifetime kills or highest P/D gets it.

Then you just make the MP40/II a hero weapon, give people the ability to detach their unlocks and everything is fine.:)

This is crap because then allways the same players would allways be heroes and others could almost never play as heroes at all.

Upvote 0