• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

45/100 review score

CU||Y

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2006
Not sure if this was linked already such is the speed of new threads arriving but what a joke this is.

http://gamers-underground.com/content/1149-red-orchestra-2-review.html

Personally im a gamer for over 20 years,right now im having close to if not THE best time ive ever had gaming with RO2.
Its not perfect but no other fps can suck me in like this game has.
I havent seen anymore reviews yet.

Also review sites always treat games like CoD where they think "ok everything that will ever be in the game is being released on this day and it will be perfect and s**t rainbows" they dont take into consideration that the developers arent as money hungry piggies as mainstream companies are and the fact that the developers actually play and enjoy the game makes the game much more likely to get even better.

Goddamned biased peopled thinking this is a stereo-typical FPS...

Last edited:
Reactions: LemoN
Upvote 0
If he's having graphics issues (some are getting low textures no matter what), and his game is crashing, I can see how that would affect his opinion, and hence review.

If he doesn't like the gameplay - that's because he doesn't like that type of gameplay. It's subjective, and valid that he doesn't like it. I personally disagree. While I think RO2 casts a wider net, like RO1, it apparently isn't for everybody.

Reactions: FBOTheLiuetenant
Upvote 0
I think this review pretty much hit the nail on the head.

I especially like this part here.
Red Orchestra 2 is not a combat simulation, and it's far too stiff and restrictive to be arcade. What it winds up being is a frustrating clunk of an alpha-release WWII themed shooter. Gameplay machanic choices are confused and lead to an end product that doesn't know what it wants to be

Upvote 0
Not really a professional review source, not an especially professional review,

but it does highlight some of the possible concerns in future reviews.

I don't think the professional reviewers will go as low but it looks like they may end up being somewhat mixed, depending on whether people "get" the game (this guy didn't) and how pleased they are with the level of polish (this guy wasn't).

Upvote 0
developers arent as money hungry piggies as mainstream companies are and the fact that the developers actually play and enjoy the game makes the game much more likely to get even better.

Goddamned biased peopled thinking this is a stereo-typical FPS...

Talking about biased people...

If developers like the game so much and want it to be the best, wouldn't it make sense for them to hold on to the game till its fully complete and ready to go whenever its ready to go and not rush the game and sell thousands of people a basically beta version?

Does a game have to be stereotypical FPS to be not broken upon the release?

Upvote 0
If he doesn't like the gameplay - that's because he doesn't like that type of gameplay. It's subjective, and valid that he doesn't like it. I personally disagree. While I think RO2 casts a wider net, like RO1, it apparently isn't for everybody.

One thing I can say with certitude is that in spite of the stiffness of Ost Front, it was simple and clean. In spite of innumerable exploits the RO vets are familiar with, and in spite of RO2 being a more "playable" game, at the end of the day Ost Front was a better product. It knew what it was trying to accomplish and it succeeded, which is what has made it so enduring among its pledged fanbase.

I am afraid that nothing will ever strike me in the same way that Ost Front did.

Upvote 0
After loading in I was greeted with what I immediately referred to as "lolgraphics" - they're bad, real bad. But that's ok, graphics aren't everything, right?
He has no taste

the animations are reminiscent of Half-Life mods, as are the weapon models and blocky environments.
He doesn't know what he's talking about

So I basically think his argument is invalid.

Upvote 0
Not only does this reviewer not have the credibility to make an accurate assessment of this game, he blatantly disregards the many excellent aspects of this title. Red Orchestra 2 represents the second installment to the greatest World War 2 tactical shooter of all time. The developers have made UT3 look incredible."lolgraphics"? Honestly? Did you really play this game on something other than your dual core dell laptop that you used to draft this pathetic review? Not only does the game integrate complex and intricate graphical capabilities that push the limits of the engine, but the detail and attention to realism are unparalleled compared to any other game in this genre.

"Clunk of an Alpha-Release." Sir, have you ever developed a game, been involved with a modding community, or generally have any idea what a real alpha build looks like? No? Oh. I thought so.

Honestly guys, this is embarrassing for gamers-underground. Did anyone actually read this review before it was published? Sure the game does have some server issues. Here's a quick fix: manually type in (or copy and paste) the server you plan on joining! Who the hell browses for random servers anyway?! All games are launched with hitches. Developers rarely EVER finish a project, it is the nature of the industry to always be fixing and improving. Tripwire has proven over the years to be one of the most community driven studios PC gamers have ever seen.

This is ridiculous.

Upvote 0