• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I want an apology..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tompiii

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 14, 2011
Been slaving 10 hours at work. Pre-purchased the retail version.. Having a joy too get home. Getting home. Tryin too install by CD ... Time left : 1 year.

After 25 minutes the same status 0% installed.
Cancel that and starts too download.
2 hours download time on 13mbit/s fiber.
Reading forums about the problems people experienced.
Facing the fact i wont be able too play until i have too sleep.
Facing the fact i can't do anything while downloading your game.

This problems were the EXACT Call of Duty - Black ops had on their release.
I've been watching you @ Games con. Promoting RO2.
You'd pushed up the release date with a month.
And we customers is getting this?
Im sorry too say im very, very disapointed.
Failing with an installation from a damn cd?
First release of Half-life did'nt have those problems. That were 1998. It's 2011 now.

Im a grateful customer of RO.
But this is just a failure.
A big apology is waiting from you. Im sitting here actually thinking of an refound cause this problems have i already gone thru with black ops.

Been slaving 10 hours at work. Pre-purchased the retail version.. Having a joy too get home. Getting home. Tryin too install by CD ... Time left : 1 year.

After 25 minutes the same status 0% installed.
Cancel that and starts too download.
2 hours download time on 13mbit/s fiber.
Reading forums about the problems people experienced.
Facing the fact i wont be able too play until i have too sleep.
Facing the fact i can't do anything while downloading your game.

This problems were the EXACT Call of Duty - Black ops had on their release.
I've been watching you @ Games con. Promoting RO2.
You'd pushed up the release date with a month.
And we customers is getting this?
Im sorry too say im very, very disapointed.
Failing with an installation from a damn cd?
First release of Half-life did'nt have those problems. That were 1998. It's 2011 now.

Im a grateful customer of RO.
But this is just a failure.
A big apology is waiting from you. Im sitting here actually thinking of an refound cause this problems have i already gone thru with black ops.

Sorry op, but I can't take anyone with such terrible grammar seriously to any degree. There's your apology.

Reactions: VariousNames
Upvote 0
When did the demographic of RO shift from battle hardened veterans to gangly, self indulgent greenhorns?

Jesus, these threads are becoming more pathetic with each new post.

No one cares that you "slaved" ten hours at work.
No one cares that the public school system failed to teach you grammar.
No one cares that you're bed time prevents you from playing a video game.

I swear I've heard more whining on this forum than in a preschool.

Upvote 0
What's it like being so entitled? I bet you're miserable, considering the world doesn't really like to give you things just because you want them.

Deal with it, mate. We're all struggling with this at the moment. I don't want an apology, I want patches. If the devs are here kissing the toes of every entitled little punk who demanded an "I'm sorry we released a buggy game", they aren't working on patches.

The devs need to get some sleep, take a shower, go outside into the sunshine for a few hours, and eat something other than cold pizza and Chinese takeout and then get back to the grindstone.

Reactions: 39th Guards
Upvote 0
I know it's getting tiring seeing people feel like they are special. They seem to fail to see this is software, there is no guarantee that every single PC configuration will work 100% with that said PC, it's the luck of the draw. People should know Tripewire always does their best at sending out fixes as fast as they can just be patient, if you can't don't buy games at launch thinking it will all be fine and dandy. My two cents :IS2:

Upvote 0
I know how OP feels, downloaded the game last night and was excited to try it out even though I only had couple hours left before midnight and bed time, instead I spend couple hours trying to figure out how to make the game work and make it look somewhat decent.

After I actually got in the game I realized that the game doesn't know what it wants to be, you can either camp all day, or you can run and gun just like CoD and still do better than most.

How can developers release a game when its OBVIOUSLY broken all the way around?
Man, I usually pretty easy going with bugs and glitches, but this just makes me very disappointed, was really expecting to get a good WWII game where strategy somewhat matters.

Upvote 0
Same problem here. The DVD is utterly useless.

"Don't buy games at launch thinking it will all be fine and dandy"--you've got to be joking.

Fine, I don't mind a few bugs at launch, but this is ludicrous. The game won't even bloody install! Just because there's an alternative (i.e. downloading it from Steam) doesn't make it OK for the DVD to be broken.

Now I'm stuck downloading it at 25 kbit/s, but that's not the point. The point is that the developers put this broken **** out. If you're asking me (which you're not, but I'm going to say it anyway) you're being too lenient, saying "they'll fix it in time." Well, I know whining won't solve much, but they should have fixed it before they shipped it.

I mean, come on. If this was anything but a game, there would be an uproar, but apparently it's okay to release broken **** and then patch it up in the coming months.

Upvote 0
You don`t have to install ro2 from a cd, that`s your fault.
Downloading right from steam is much better.

It's his fault that the install failed from DVD? Seriously? Downloading from steam is better than installing directly from a DVD? No, no it's not. On any modern computer, the transfer rate from a DVD drive is MUCH faster than any download rate you'll get on Steam, AND you don't use bandwidth, which is important for anyone who has a cap or metered usage.

This is exactly the kind of completely absurd apologist commentary that I've been commenting on regularly here of late. Something that was SUPPOSED TO WORK didn't work and you blamed the user for daring to try and install a game from the DVD that he bought? Jebus... just please, THINK before you post.

Reactions: nebsif
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.