• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unplayable Release FPS

The game runs like it did before they released the latest beta patch where it was just horrible fps for everyone .

Now in release day it seems they forgot something , same crap , same fps on ultra and low , tried with nvidia and ati card .

It ran awesome for me on ultra on the latest beta release they did , but now were're back to crappy fps time .

Hopefully they figure wtf they done with this and the ping one 2 patches ago where it increased pings by 100 .

Also i deleted all the ini files etc to see if it helped but it's just the same thing .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
^^^Right behind you howitzer. If this isn't sorted out soon I may be forced to add TW to my list of devs to not trust anymore. Trust me, this list has been exploding the past year. I really trust TW though so I expect to not have to forget about them.

So you don't trust TWI because a game they just released...has bugs.

You had better put every single game developer on that list then.

Upvote 0
I'm surprised some people are having worse performance than I am.

Phenom II X3 2.8ghz
5870 1gb
4gb

The preset Medium settings, 1920x1080 and it gives me about 26-46 FPS. Usually somewhere around the lower 30's during heavy action. But my main issue is that the game stutters like a friggin slide show. If it just ran at a solid 30 FPS I'd be cool with that but it twitches and locks up so frequently it make me want to bash my head into the monitor lol.

Upvote 0
Add me to the list as well. My system perfectly matches the recommended settings and I'm getting 20-30 fps in multiplayer on medium settings, with 20-40% GPU usage and 45% CPU usage spread evenly across 4 cores. I have a friend with tri-SLI GTX 480's and a Core i7 and he's getting pretty much the same performance (running on ultra) with only 25% GPU usage.

My specs:
Windows 7 x64
Core 2 Quad q9550 (2.83 GHz)
8 GB RAM
GTX 260

Upvote 0
x4 955
4 gigs of ram

1080p resolution. get around 40-60 fps on 32 man servers. some maps are better than others.

frustrating, i know people with worse systems that run this better than me.

almost same setup but cpu i have i5-750 at 3 ghz. Running high settings with some thinks ( like shadows,AA) off/low. Resolution 1680x1050 (native)

fps 30-70 depends on GPU usage ? or Gpu usage depends or FPS ? WHO KNOWS. but i have this scale on all maps with all player scale. So its doesnt matter for me.

Upvote 0
64 bit Quad-Core Processor (2.8GHz)
Memory 4GB (2GB x 2) DDR3 1333
Radeon HD 6770

I can't run the game on even the lowest settings as of now.
The only time this game ran flawless for me was the first part
of the beta. When we were playing apartments,fallen fighters and gumrak.
Was playing on high settings and all those maps were flawless in perfromance. I mean absolutely flawless - not one hint of lag !

The the 2nd part of the beta. Barracks was unplayable,Red Oktober lagged "some" but it was playable. And Grain Elevator was near perfect in performance.

The 3rd part - Pavlovs house was unplayable,commisars was near perfect,Station was near perfect,And Spartinovka was 100% perfect.

Now the full game I can't run any of the maps on any settings. It is dissapointing, I just hope something gets fixed in the near future so it will play alright. My rig isn't top of the line but since it's above the recommended specs I was sure i'd be able to run it. Going to be on Ostfront for the time being and will keep checking back for any updates etc... Will also have my rig checked out by a tech to see if everythings working fine (sure it is but u never know)
I loved the game when it worked and it was the best thing i've ever played so I have no intentions on giving up on it.

EDIT: Just launched the game again and surprised to see hardly any lag at all, Few stutters here and there but for the most part I can play !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No idea what happened but it's goin good :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You could try to use one frame lag thread, gave me a boost in fps

I feel as if since I turned that on I have been having a much harder time hitting my targets, maybe thats just in my head though.
It did boost my FPS a good bit however.

Sadly though the final release feels as if it actually performs worse than the last beta build. i7-920 and two gigabyte 5870 superoverclocks here... crossfire disabled and I am seeing framerates between 25-40 and even on the upper spectrum of 45-50fps it just feels real "clunky" and jerky, in beta this framerate was beyond playable but final release it's just kinda stuttery and jerky and just runs really really bad.

Oddly enough I will see framerates up in the 60s and 70's at some points but as soon as I look around or move they just dive. I can be staring at an area and be dead watching the "overview" spot and the match ends without me respawning (i.e, when out of reinforcements) and it'll spike to 70-75fps as soon as everything stops. That camera view would have very little to no action on the screen but as soon as the round/match "ends" it would jump 30fps. I think a lot of this may have to do with no hardware sound.

Upvote 0
Did you DDE beta dudes fully delete all the old files, ini, user profiles, etc... ?
I cleaned out all the beta files before downloading the 'new' game, will see how my performance is later.

Absolutely did.

Strangely enough Yoshiro tweeted something about the beta client still being used for something yet when I got home, it was gone on it's own.

Upvote 0
I deleted my old ini files and redownloaded.
Got no Problems playing this on almost Ultra details with an I5 750 + GTX560TI + 4 GB RAM

at least 40 FPS

btw....all my 4 cores are used 100%....something is wrong with your settings i guess

what res?

and anyway, they recommend a gtx 260, anything over a 460 should be able to max this easily.

Upvote 0
Jesus christ they have been working their asses off cut them some slack and don't act like a total asshole about it.

While i agree these things take time to fix, they have worked their asses of for their paycheck not for us.
Would you cut Ford some slack when you buy a car from them and its untuned and a nightmare of problems. I think not, you would complain like crazy, why think a game is any different?

While i support the devs and have done since ROOST by buying their products, RO2 and many other games of late display a lack of finalization that should be expected from a product you pay for.

So in short dont be a butt f##k to others who behave like rational human beings. The sort of behaviour you display (even though you think you are being moral) just furthers the release of more unfinished games to the gaming world. You are inadvertently telling companies to release unfinished games because people like you will defend their actions.

Not smart for any of us.

Upvote 0