• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Server browser MODEM ISSUES

It seems with much faff, that I have discovered the root cause of the issue. Your choice of modem/router.

If I'm using my newer netgear router, the server broswer reports 0 servers. If I use my older Belkin router, I get the full list, and the game works as it is supposed to. However, my friend and I have the same model of netgear router and he doesnt have the luxury of changing routers, and I frankly havent the patience to do so.

SO we need an urgent fix, as Netgear is HARDLY a rare manufacturer of modems, and using the N150 routers we have renders the game near unplayable.

Mate, ports make no difference at all. My Netgear had every available port open, and I tried DMZ'ing it. TO no avail. The belkin has no ports open currently, firewall running (dmz off) and everything is fine.

It has something to do with the way the router handles NAT host sessions, and the max number of connections. But neither of my routers have any options regarding this.

This problem should NOT exist in the first place. I wonder how many people have wasted their money on a game that they cant play due to shoddy coding. I dont doubt the gameplay, graphics, sound, engine build, but a problem of such scale, and of such importance is just insane. What's worse is that Tripwire flippantly claim to have fixed the issue weeks ago - not true.

Reactions: Flogger23m
Upvote 0