• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why are the Mgs so unbalanced

I waaaaaant those sounds like the real ones from youtube!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

A lot of what you're hearing in those videos is the echo, which makes it sound much beefier than it really is.

Although I do agree, some of the weapons could use more punch. I like the rifle sounds in Ostfront 41-45 more than HoS.

Upvote 0
I personally love the Russian LMG, its the MG34 I have issues with, especially since its minimum range is apparently 200m, I keep overshooting.

Ofcourse german weapons will be better. Afterall, they didn't lose for lack of technology.

Well actually you could argue they did, German inferiority in radar technology for example was a significant determent to their ability to combat Bomber Command during the night (Allied night fighers had much more compact, effective, and less heavy radar kits which gave them superior performance), as well as giving the U-boats a better chance to find targets and survive (Germans didn't realize for a long time Allied radar was on the centimeter level, something they had not been able to do).

Upvote 0
It's weird, everyone complained in RO how unrealistic the MG's were with their hip fire recoil that was absurdly high.

However in RO2, it's the excat opposite.

MG's have faaaar less recoil when being hip fired then when they are freaking DEPLOYED. That makes zero sense to me.

The recoil needs to be drastically toned down.

Upvote 0
Like I keep saying, if the people on this forum want to see a game with truly unstable guns, play Forgotten Hope 2. Even the MP40 turns into an anti aircraft gun by the 3-4th round.

Coming here and using the PPSh is seriously a non challenge after that mod.

/agreed. Guns there actually HAVE recoil and you need to push your mouse down to control them.... In RO 2 the only things that come close are the PPSH and MG34 on full auto...

Upvote 0
Like I keep saying, if the people on this forum want to see a game with truly unstable guns, play Forgotten Hope 2. Even the MP40 turns into an anti aircraft gun by the 3-4th round.

Coming here and using the PPSh is seriously a non challenge after that mod.

Huh? You can snipe with the Bren gun in FH. I was killing players from at least 500 yards on my first or second shot when I was playing the other day. The Axis MGs are pretty much the same.

Upvote 0
One of the first things I noticed when using the MG34 is it climbs upwards in weird bursts. Up..down..up..down.

It's almost useless unless you burst fire it unless the enemy is close.

This blows my mind. You're leaning your weight into the bi-pod and the sights lift?!

Supported weapons push against the shooter, the barrel doesn't suddenly flip. Especially if the pivot point of the weapon is damn near the tip of the barrel.

-Paas

Upvote 0
This blows my mind. You're leaning your weight into the bi-pod and the sights lift?!

Supported weapons push against the shooter, the barrel doesn't suddenly flip. Especially if the pivot point of the weapon is damn near the tip of the barrel.

-Paas

Yet in this game barrel goes up. Especially the DP28.

And to those who complain about rambo MGs, try that with DP28.

Upvote 0
While the Mg 34 really is capable of shooting conrollled burts the PD-28 just seemd like its not able to compete with it in any way the recoil on it is horrendous you cant even group 3 shoot with it its more like a big semiauto rifle with a bigger mag that you have to set up at the moment.

I know realistic wise it might make sence but in a game giving one side such a superior gun seems really questionable

And the breathing sway on both of them sset up is just as bad as the rifles one so mhh hope they adjust them

Like you said, the MG-34 was vastly superior to the DP-28. At first, I didn't have any interest in trying the DP-28 until I played a match today on Spartanovka. If you practice enough, you can be pretty effective with it, though the MG-34 will always be better.

Upvote 0
One thing they should do is make the resupply stations reset your MG barrels. I mean really, resupply stations aren't realistic as is anyway. Might as well do this. The Germans can change barrel, but the Russians can't. This would be an indirect way to balance this without doing stupid CoD style balance of changing weapon values and such. Its not like yo uwould always be able to fix your destroyed barrel without getting shot. But there should be SOME reward for running out of ammo and being smart enough to resupply yourself when spamming 'I need ammo' and getting ignored by teammates.

Another MG thing - In Ostfront it would show you on your tac map the location of someone who needed ammo. I don't think I've seen this in RO2 and I don't really know why that would be.

Upvote 0
I dont know why so many guys are whining about so much unblanced
weapons. Both weapons are different, not only at fire rate.
First, the MG34 barrel is in one line with the butt stock, like it is at the
AR15 Series (M16 or M4), that one of the DP is far under the barrel,
what causes the gun more to kick up.

Then look at the mechanics. The mechanics of the DP need much more
force to move the drummag, then the MG34 need for the belt.
More mass movement, results in a less controllable gun.

Thats the same like the diskussion about the MP40 vs Ppsh.
Gun = gun is a realy silly comparison.

Look this ...
ppsh41 - YouTube

... and then this.
mp40 - YouTube

You see how the Ppsh41 climbs up, while the MP40 stays at target?
Little things could do a large difference. The MP40 got a magwell,
that was designed to grap around with the half hand, while the
PpshXX had to be held behind the mag or at the mag,
but youl couldn

Last edited:
Upvote 0