• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Some Minor Gripes

MÆST

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
  1. Easily interrupt single bullet loaded guns like to revolver to fire.
  2. Changing roles after you already have spawned suicides instead of attempting to take effect the next time you die.
  3. F1 score screen does not show what class your teammates are. On a related note, if you are given the option to take over a teammates role there is no way to tell if your teammate did well at the role last round.
  4. Priming a nade and mantling automatically switches weapons but the nade still goes off.
  5. Do not like the mousewheel to scroll through weapons click to select mechanism. I'd like to be able to separate the distance setting from the weapon scroll mechanism. Perhaps bind mousewheel up to set distance up or primary weapon and mousewheel down to set distance down or secondary weapon. Then bind the old mousewheel weapon selection mechanism to some other keys and hard bind grenades, binocs, etc. to other keys.
  6. Way too hard to mount a MG and not get thrown into cover. (The same separate use/bandage key from cover gripe)
  7. I don't think you should have to click ready to respawn. (If the suicide when class is changed is fixes it is not necessary.) I know its minor but it really bugs me when I miss a spawn by a second because I didn't clikc ready fast enough. You should spawn where you did last time unless you change your spawn location with one click.
  8. Either get rid of melee stopping you from running or have some way to cancel melee while it is pulled back so if you decide against meleeing you don't have to stop running.
  9. Spawning on squad leader occasionally spawns you under the map (where you fall to your death as soon as you move) or in an enemy protected zone.
  10. Occasionally will get stuck in suppressed mode even though no one is firing near me anymore.
  11. I die, click "ready" and when the timer ends I don't respawn. I release I wasn't even in the queue. Try again. Same thing. Finally I find out that someone has taken my role and I have to first select a new class and then click ready.
  12. Sometimes when bringing up the spawn selection menu it closes right away before I have time to change my spawn location.
  13. When trying to chat, you can't walk. Also, you can't just hit Esc and get rid of the prompt. You have to erase all your text and hit enter.
There's other things that I have seen mentioned multiple times elsewhere so I'll leave those off the list. Just thought I'd transfer what I have on my legal pad to a digital and distributable form. I'll update this thread when someone new comes up.

Last edited:
#2 and #4 are fairly annoying to me. #4 is like, if I even look at my grenade key, I'm throwing a nade 4 seconds later, whether I want to or not. The animations for putting your gun away, taking out your grenade and winding up, are like 3 seconds of action for hitting one key. It's screwed me more than once.

#2 was an issue for them because, I think, people would end up claiming 2 roles per one life. While it's not a huge issue, I think it could have resulted role choices getting clogged up with people trying to switch roles all the time. (on the other hand, maybe that would bring the balance of riflemen back up to where people seem to think it should be :p)

Upvote 0
Do not like the mousewheel to scroll through weapons click to select mechanism. I'd like to be able to separate the distance setting from the weapon scroll mechanism. Perhaps bind mousewheel up to set distance up or primary weapon and mousewheel down to set distance down or secondary weapon. Then bind the old mousewheel weapon selection mechanism to some other keys and hard bind grenades, binocs, etc. to other keys.

While having 30 different options to map your scroll wheel might be nice, you should probably do what 90% of FPS do, and hotkey your primary and secondary weapons, and anything else you need to call up in a hurry.

I don't think you should have to click ready to respawn. (If the suicide when class is changed is fixes it is not necessary.) I know its minor but it really bugs me when I miss a spawn by a second because I didn't clikc ready fast enough. You should spawn where you did last time unless you change your spawn location with one click.

I've heard this said by some of my friends. Mainly the ones that are in a huge hurry. I personally like having to click ready because it gives me a chance to make decisions, rather than having to rush to do something before the game respawns you.

On the other hand, a check box that stays checked between lives until you click it would be nice.

Either get rid of melee stopping you from running or have some way to cancel melee while it is pulled back so if you decide against meleeing you don't have to stop running.

Signed. Left clicking while holding your alt-fire button should cancel your melee attack. Can't count the number of times I've meele'd someone or been meele'd at spawn because you have to go through with a melee attack to do the battle cry.

Upvote 0
While having 30 different options to map your scroll wheel might be nice, you should probably do what 90% of FPS do, and hotkey your primary and secondary weapons, and anything else you need to call up in a hurry.

I do have all my weapons bound individually. But I like having the adjust sight distance set on the wheel. But I use the mousewheel button to reload so occasionally I accidentally scroll it and bring up the weapon menu and it is a pain to get out of. At least in RO1 it didn't require the wheel and a click to switch weapons, just the wheel.

I've heard this said by some of my friends. Mainly the ones that are in a huge hurry. I personally like having to click ready because it gives me a chance to make decisions, rather than having to rush to do something before the game respawns you.

On the other hand, a check box that stays checked between lives until you click it would be nice.

I'm one of those in a hurry I guess. I figure it hurts my team more to miss a spawn then to not spawn at the perfectly ideal location. Your check box option would suffice for both player types.

Upvote 0
I do have all my weapons bound individually. But I like having the adjust sight distance set on the wheel. But I use the mousewheel button to reload so occasionally I accidentally scroll it and bring up the weapon menu and it is a pain to get out of. At least in RO1 it didn't require the wheel and a click to switch weapons, just the wheel.
I use my my mouse wheel for reloading too (I used to use it for iron sights back in the day but I couldn't bring it up quick enough reliably.) Activating the weapon scrolling while reloading is something I'm very sensitive too as well, and I can honestly say I've not experienced it once in HoS. So (and please don't take this wrong way) your mouse might just be worn out and the scroll wheel is getting lazy, on that issue at least.

Being able to use the scroll wheel for gun sights would be pretty nice though.

Upvote 0
My minor gripe aside from technical issues like performance, terrible pings, server browser crashes and such is instant death for being in the wrong area. You're leading an assault into say a second objective then the other team captures the first objective and you are now in a no go zone which results in insta death. It's really frustrating.

Also died a couple of times for moving into borders of the map and have no time to get back in before I die even though there is no clear line about where you can and can't go.

Upvote 0