• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Question] Best Nvidia driver for SLi

2 cards in SLI should give you better performance, but I'm sure it won't be by as much as you think.

I have 2 older cards (8800GT) running in SLI and while 2 are better than one, its not by a whole lot. I was a bit disapointed. So, overall I would agree with Diablo.

When I do a new build, hopefully soon, I am going to get one powerful card and use one of the older 8800GTs to run Physx.

That said, keep track of the driver version you have now that does work (in case you need to go back) and then use the latest official drivers for the card.

Good luck :)

~~~Edit: You also have to think about the extra heat generated by 2 cards.

Upvote 0
I should add that my comments weren't specifically aimed at ROHOS but in all the games I've played in general. I do get a boost from SLI, but it is small.

SLI does work for me in ROHOS and quite honestly I getter better performance than I initially thought I would.

I've read a lot about 460 in SLI and all I read was good news. People say they run better than a single GTX 580. So if I get at least 20-40% performance boost I'll be very happy with it.

Forgot to mention that I will be running most games at 1680x1050 resolution. And I'm willing to sacrifice AA for additional performance.

Upvote 0
Hey mate, whats the rest of your computer like? CPU, RAM etc...

I have 2x MSI GTX 460 1GB Hawks in SLI and they have not let me down yet. Damn good cards for their price.

SLI scaling is actually very good these days, with the proper care taken in getting good SLI Profiles such as EVGA SLI Enhancer Patch, performance gains can, and in my experience, will be well and truly obvious, as much as 20 - 30fps over a single card.

Sure, single card solutions in higher end cards like the GTX 570/580 or AMD equivs offer greater single card performance and better upgrade potential, but for price vs performance in those lower resolutions, and even in 1920x1080, spending very little on one 460 will offer some decent performance gains.

Upvote 0