• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

autobalance

I don't even wanna think about the autobalance. You know how easy it would be for a losing team out of reinforcements to leave in droves, rejoin on the winning side with the reinforcements, and force some of those poor slobs to auto balance to the losing side and pick their noses with no reinforcements?

Sounds conspiratorial? Maybe, but some of these kids think up and act on this stuff pretty quickly.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I get switched alot too! Thought the game was just picking on me.

Played multiable matches where I push back the Germans, get switched, and PUSH back the russians, and get switched.

Think the auto Balance code right now is set to "INSTA" fix when teams are unbalanced.

Need some time before "auto" adjusting. Atleast alert people the teams are uneven.

If I play on a server and see teams uneven I'll join the less side.

Also wish there was a AUTO team select. (although its pretty krapy of you to join the side with more people)

My fix to the problem:

Prompt players "Teams are Unbalanced, people fix in 1:00 minute" If time runs out will auto balance.

Also, depending on which is winning. Should take the player with most kills if uneven side is loosing. Maybe just a suggestion.

Upvote 0
Prompt players "Teams are Unbalanced, people fix in 1:00 minute" If time runs out will auto balance.

Also, depending on which is winning. Should take the player with most kills if uneven side is loosing. Maybe just a suggestion.

In addition to this suggestion:

If someone elects to switch teams themselves (without being auto-balanced, and within the timer you described), they get +5 Team points and are instantly spawned?

Upvote 0
This is always an issue in all games like this.
How to keep team numbers even.

Somethings i have seen that i like.

1: at some point close to the the end of a map no one can swap sides at all, and the computer will stop auto balance too. Just let things be for the last few min as it will not likely change the game anyway, just piss some people off.

2: random swapping when it happens.
I know no one likes to be moved to the losing team(and it is almost always the losing team), but a system besides random can be gamed sometimes, and can make people feel punished.

If it's going to move the newest player that just takes some new fool who had nothing to do with the current situation and basically punishes them for showing up late to the party.
You might say they have no investment in the winning team and you would be right. But they also have no investment in the server at all. If they see that they just got stuck on a team getting stomped they might just bail anyway. It's never good to do things that just have players leave a server right after joining.

If you move the longer term players who have crap for score all you did was make the losing team lose faster probably. And again some players will feel punished for sucking and that's not going to be a good start for new players that we want to bring into the fold.

If you move the higher scores you may be helping the other team, but you punish players for being good. Also if you pay attention you may decide that a quick couple of TKs would move you out of swap position. Better to lower you personal score a little then be on the loosing team for some.

As long as it is random no one is being singled out, no one can game the system, and if you feel punished... well that's just you. You know it's random so just bad luck for you, every one takes the same chance.

The real thing to add for me is to not split up friends. If the other team is down by 3+ players move friend groups if you can. This way you may be on the other team, but at least your buddy is with you(misery loves company).

Upvote 0
If it's going to move the newest player that just takes some new fool who had nothing to do with the current situation and basically punishes them for showing up late to the party.

Which is a lesser evil, imho, then moving someone who has given everything for his team and wants to see it through. Moving someone more recently joined has less of an impact on them and the teams in question and has more chance of catching someone late in the game who didn't want to be on the losing team.

Just my opinion, though I totally agree with you on the "if it's the last few minutes, move nobody and prevent team switching". A "team-switch" lock-down, if you will. That is something I can get behind and you should put it in the suggestions forum.

Upvote 0
Which is a lesser evil, imho, then moving someone who has given everything for his team and wants to see it through. Moving someone more recently joined has less of an impact on them and the teams in question and has more chance of catching someone late in the game who didn't want to be on the losing team.

you didn't fully " " me you know. While i would say what you " " from me also makes me say <2 evils, that's not the whole picture for game makers, and that's why we tend to see the random choice switch option.

Game makers know that if new players to a game get a bad taste right off the bat they may not keep playing at all.
This hurts future game sales if current game owners don't stay with the game and move off too fast.
So game makers generally avoid doing things that may cause a player to bail on a game server too soon after joining it.
If you can't get in a "good" game fast enough and stay in that game long enough you may just fire up a different game(so focus groups and online game use stat tracking tells us).
That's the big reason not to F with the newest game joiners. It about the $.

I'm not saying i like it or that i think it's the best way to be fair/balanced. But i am saying what amounts to the the truth of why it is the way it is.
And when you know things like that you can better accept/understand why it is the way it is, and why it's probably not going to change anytime soon.

I figure that when things like that are understood(as in no amount of forum complaints will change the reality of $) we may be more able to move on to other topics/issues we can have an influence on.

Upvote 0
How can one be a hero in even teams?

Five men holding off a batallion. Capturing the attention of a nation, allowing elderly people, women and children escape..

If i imagine making my last stand the last thing I need is switch teams.

Switch it off already. Reward heroes for fighting against overwelming odds.

Upvote 0