• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PPSH Stutter lag/jitter

Yep, and incase nobody else noticed, the same thing happens when you get shot in the face. The effect that is created from bullet impact also creates stuttering when it is close to the player and spammed (created multiple times), so when you get shot in the face a few times by an SMG or other automatic weapon (and because in RO the camera stays in first person when you die) you get a whole screen full of the jittery effect, causing you to stutter a bit... i guess the muzzle flash includes some of the same properties of the bullet impact effects too causing it to also stutter?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Does anybody else experience jitter/stutter when firing off the PPSH for the first shot, the next few don't seem to bare any issue.

Quite strange...

Yea I was getting lag spikes from it as well but not with the MP40. I think it's the gun flash animation or something.

It didn't do it at first then I noticed I was getting a little lag after the patch that released the new maps last week.

Upvote 0
Does anybody else experience jitter/stutter when firing off the PPSH for the first shot, the next few don't seem to bare any issue.

Quite strange...
Indeed, I also get it on the MG 34, which makes it very annoying since the split second freeze also allows my MG to point way above the target.

Like others said, it seems to be a performance issue. I turned down a few things like shadows and detail level from ultra to high(since they eat fps anyways) and it started happening less often but still occurs.

Effects are still currently on high, perhaps I should turn that down as well to see if it completely eliminates it.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if it's what you mean, but sometimes I'd click and the gun just would refuse to shoot for a moment, long enough for me to get killed.
I'm not sure, maybe it's been fixed in the latest version.

It made someone really happy...

He ran infront of me and 2 other bolt rifle guys... butt smacked the 2 rifles, I waited as I didn't want to TK my guys then I was clicking away and it never fired...

He buttsmacked 3 people within 5 seconds !!!

Upvote 0