• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is this game worth Getting?

Yet another person who doesn't understand what a beta is for.

They're ironing out the bugs. Don't listen to the people whining about how the game is more intuitive, it's still the same Red Orchestra.

I tried to go back to playing ROOST after playing RO2 for a weekend and it felt like I was controlling a 400 lb man with cerebral palsy.

The game plays a lot smoother now, it's a lot more accessible and intuitive, and it's still hard as a brick wall, just like RO should be.

Upvote 0
Hard like a brick wall? Dude, Ro2 plays nowhere near how ro1 plays.
ro2 plays way to easy and as a lower learning curl then ro1 did.

Are you insinuating that there isn't instant death, realistic weapon mechanics, and punishingly accurate gunfire in RO2?

Just because the game is more intuitive doesn't make it any less punishing. That's a very PC-centric notion that a game has to be complicated and obtuse to be challening.

Upvote 0
I am a big fan of red orchestra 1. I heard red orchestra 2 it is like call of duty bad target hit boxes, players run through each other and
rubberbanding with bad animations.

RO1 still has immense charm, full of realism
Try the map of Berezina, huge spaces with endless tactics to try
RO2 is graphically good, but without a soul
"Run and kill", in a crazy way....
Good for players not too demanding
The maps are small and confined spaces
I hope that the RO1 servers live still a long time.
RO2 might become good in a year (maybe), if modded...

Upvote 0
RO1 still has immense charm, full of realism
Try the map of Berezina, huge spaces with endless tactics to try
RO2 is graphically good, but without a soul
"Run and kill", in a crazy way....
Good for players not too demanding
The maps are small and confined spaces
I hope that the RO1 servers live still a long time.
RO2 might become good in a year (maybe), if modded...

Just like ro1. At the start it wasn't even close to good how it is now.
Ro2 will probaly become alot better in a year, lets hope

Upvote 0
Are you insinuating that there isn't instant death, realistic weapon mechanics, and punishingly accurate gunfire in RO2?

Just because the game is more intuitive doesn't make it any less punishing. That's a very PC-centric notion that a game has to be complicated and obtuse to be challening.

I'm not saying its unrealistic, I'm saying the game hell doensn't play that great as ro1 does.

Example?:

No sway/Weapons to accurate/magic bandaging/to much SMG&SEMI/double zoom/quick sprint/quick scope after sprint.

It feels more like COD then RO.
War isn't supposed to be easy, You need to take time and have patience before doing something. In Ro2 you can run and gun like a headless chicken to the enemy's frontline(Not that you see much frontlines in Ro2) and shoot your way to the cap point.

Cant really see whats so hard about that.

Upvote 0
Just like ro1. At the start it wasn't even close to good how it is now.
Ro2 will probaly become alot better in a year, lets hope

Actually Ostfront started in great shape. The guns didn't change at all, they just did bug fixing, added new maps and a couple new guns. They added a new item pickup system that didn't really work, and upped the slot number to 50, but did it based on a ratio for 64 players so ended up with worse class balance

There was a large mod scene that made new maps, and some mods but the population wasn't really big enough for that many mods and they didn't integrate with Steam, except for Darkest Hour

Upvote 0