• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why are most servers running Barracks exclusively?

A few answers:

Currently, the default server startup command starts ff-barracks automatically. Most of us are too lazy to change that ;) You can always enter an ff-barracks server and get some of your friends to vote for other maps (through the main menu - map vote tool)

Apartments and FallenFighters have been removed from the current dedicated server rotation by Tripwire so that we get a chance to test the other maps.

Upvote 0
What Hona said

They changed the vote system to where only 1 option shows at a time (wtf?) and you have to scroll down to vote for the other maps.

Problem is, nobody knows this. And when you try to scroll down, the instant someone votes, you get pushed back to the top of the list (barracks). Add in the 2.3 second vote time and you'll never play another map again.

Reactions: Somewhat Vague
Upvote 0
What Hona said

They changed the vote system to where only 1 option shows at a time (wtf?) and you have to scroll down to vote for the other maps.

Problem is, nobody knows this. And when you try to scroll down, the instant someone votes, you get pushed back to the top of the list (barracks). Add in the 2.3 second vote time and you'll never play another map again.
I'm hoping its not intended to work like that, cause personally I had no idea you had to scroll. 2.3 seconds isn't really enough time to vote, let alone figure something like this out.

In any case, thanks for clearing it up guys. I was getting worried that there are very few people who like the other two maps currently in rotation.

Upvote 0