• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Poll: Does RO2 Need Another Delay?

Poll: Does RO2 Need Another Delay?

• Yes, another 2 weeks

Votes: 249 35.1%
  • Yes, 1 month, at least.

Votes: 178 25.1%
  • No, the game should be fine by launch.

Votes: 282 39.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think an extra few weeks will help a ton. There are currently game breaking bugs that a game should never release with.

Despite these bugs the support forums has found fixes to many of them. I used to crash every map load and before that would crash at random anyways. With tweaks I found on the forum I finally got around most of them.

So most of the fixes are unearthed or at least there is a lead onto what is wrong but the polish the game we definitely need a few extra weeks. A few week delay is a much better strategy than a release with game breaking bugs.

Note: Most of the problems I experiences had to do with poor memory page coding allowing for memory leaks and whatnot. Fixed this by using medium textures and shadows (don't use low shadows that causes another problem lol). Also, the support for nvidia surround is non existent. With the current optimizations it is almost impossible to run at 5760x1080. I have a 2600k OC'd and 2x GTX 470s and even on lower settings just couldnt get acceptable framerates.

Upvote 0
Hey, I like RO2 a lot and I want to say nice things about Tripwire, but you're insane. The server browser has been a trainwreck from the get-go, the game is nagged by crash issues for a huge percentage of players, the sound randomly cuts out, the map voting screen is broken, the voice communications screen (so that you can mute idiots) is broken, etc.

Then you've got the reload animation bug and a host of other little broken things. I won't be surprised if they push release back another two weeks. This game needs it.

Additional bugs and issues:

- Can't see whose currently speaking
- Certain guns such as PPSH or MP40 don't fire on first click
- disappearing reinforcements after 1st round of RedOctober, also after capping 2nd floor of
- imbalanced maps, etc.

DON'T DO A MONTH, BF3 COMES OUT IN A MONTH AND A SAME TIME RELEASE WILL BE RETARDED.

Reactions: Derpus
Upvote 0
Problem is there's going to be a huge ****storm from all the other players that never visit the forum, and from the many players that only bought regular edition, if you delay again. Games can't be perfect at release, that's what patches are for.

There's also the BF3 release date thing mentioned just above.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kipper
Upvote 0
I'm loving this game even with all the bugs, but it's simply the case that people expect a game to massively polished these days. I would recommend pushing the release back another two weeks, but allow normal pre-orders to join the beta from the current release date. This way people can play if they want and the official press can't do a hatchet job on the game (hopefully).

Edit: The SMG's not shooting first click is an issue with sprinting to what I have found, release the sprint key before pressing shoot/irons to not get it.

Last edited:
Reactions: PermenentMarker
Upvote 0
I don't think that this game will be ready in a week. Other people have mentioned it, but optimization is a serious issue. This needs to be worked out, we can't have a game drop that manages to turn a random array of high to low class rigs into prune juice. The base game however is incredible. The ideas are great, map design forces teamwork, and the visuals will look amazing for those who can actually run them. This is a step forward in the franchise, but it hasn't completely sold it's soul to the COD-devil that is frequently mentioned on the inter-tubes. Any hardcore COD player will not be able to cope with running around with only a Mosin-Nagant or K98 and just being straight-up slaughtered by PPSH's and MP-40's.

Upvote 0
I haven't seen ANY bugs that cannot be fixed in a week. I don't understand why people assume it takes massive amounts of time to fix a bug. It doesn't. As soon as what causing it is found, it's often fixed by changing a few lines of code and testing if it works.
Speaking as a programmer, yes, it can be very time consuming and frustrating to fix bugs. I remember one simple crash took me 9 hours to find and fix. One mistake early in a program can cause problems much later in the program and takes forever to find because it's seemingly unrelated. Bugs that don't cause crashes are often even harder to fix because you don't have a good starting place.

There are no gamebreaking bugs at the moment, I don't understand why people claim it's buggy as hell - it's not. It's just a wee bit unpolished - which is the exact reason it got delayed for 2 weeks. The week they have left is enough to iron out and smoothen it up for release I think. I don't think they even can delay it again, but if they do, it's most likely a week or 2 max.
Actually the game is almost unplayable for me ATM. Very frequent crashing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Considering a large amount off glitches bugs or whatever you call them i noticed in 40 hours of playing the beta i think 1 month could be barely enought due to the time it takes to supress some minor bugs while some other appears while adding new maps and i really dont know about the equipment like the g41 that is glitched from the very beginning.
Keep in mind that im not an expert but i try to use my freedom of speech wisely.

Upvote 0
Gotta say after a few hours play, it seems it needs more work.
i'm not sure if the beta represents how far the game is truly along, but if it is representing the product as far as its come then i'm a bit worried.
It really feels like im playing a somewhat early beta, not a "week from completion" beta.
I think the lack of information is a main point too, i wasn't sure what was going on for the first 15 minutes at least!

Still an absolute blast, and gonna be my No 1. FPS either way!

Upvote 0
I voted give em more time here's my reasoning

The bugs dont bother me personally - thats not to say i dont crash get stuck etc, but the reason they dont bother me is i know TW will fix em - migth not be today tommorow or day after but they will they're that kind of company.

I vote that way so if they need the extra time let em take it - christ we got a working beta - might have a few bugs and gliches but thats what beta's do.

I'll elt them decide if they feel the need to move it back - then i'm fine with that.

Re: others who dont have dde version well let em in beta WTF you've had your extra time and first look - i know not everyone guna share this view

the alternative is if you move it back let em in - and give dde guys a something extra to stop whinning

if you feel you need to move back

Just my 2p worth

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBenn
Upvote 0
Push it back. There needs to be some serious time dedicated to optimizing, tons of people are getting bad performance out of the game because it isn't even using their GPU effectively(never getting above50%).

That is in addition to all the other bugs and problems everyone is having. I'm afraid that Tripwire might think the are in an acceptable state for release because of all the positive feedback they are getting on these forums. The forums are filled with people who want this game to be good, either because they played ROOST, preordered the game or both. When it is released reviewers aren't influenced by wanting the game to be good and won't be as generous at overlooking bugs like the people on here.

All the problems with the UI and server browser especially are horrible because they are the first impression people get of the game when they load it up. Once you initially plant the idea that it is a buggy game it will only snowball from there.

Yea, I know that lots of other games are released in bad states but that isn't an acceptable reason to do it yourself. Tripwire also doesn't have the resources to go buy off all the major reviewers to give them all 90+ scores.

Push the release back.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
whilst the game overall feels ok - I felt strong enough to register to vote for 2 weeks

just doesn't feel too polished to me (yes I know its a Beta) - be interesting to see what reviews will be like

I want the game to be as successful as possible - big community and all that - I loved RO and hope to love RO2

I suppose rock and hard place, delay too much and BF3 looming - but alternatievely...

we don't know whats being fixed in background though

game feels "laggy" to me - hard to describe - my frame rates are ok - just doesn't feel smooth (GTX480 OC'd)

Upvote 0
The fact that none of the Dev's have responded to this thread tells me there will be no delay.

It just tells us that the decision has not been made.

I am no expert, but as tripwire has already delayed the game once, I dont think second small delay would be a huge problem. Especially as we got the open beta. And those who are unable to wait are already playing it.

The gameplay is fine. But the game must be stable before release. What you don't want to do is delay the game and then ship unplayable game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seriously guys, I wonder what computers you are playing on. I get the odd crash, missing sounds, etc once in a while, but the vast majority of my time playing the beta has been fun and relatively bug-free. I also get a kick out of everyone saying this is the buggiest beta ever, LOL. They obviously never participated in the first year of Rise of Flight or the recent meltdown..I mean release of IL-2: Cliffs of Dover. Talk about buggy there...what a mess. I wouldn't worry too much about RO2. Sure there are issues but they'll get sorted. Patience is a virtue and TWI are generally very responsive to the concerns of the community.

Cheers,

Fafnir_6

Upvote 0
Seriously guys, I wonder what computers you are playing on. I get the odd crash, missing sounds, etc once in a while, but the vast majority of my time playing the beta has been fun and relatively bug-free. I also get a kick out of everyone saying this is the buggiest beta ever, LOL. They obviously never participated in the first year of Rise of Flight or the recent meltdown..I mean release of IL-2: Cliffs of Dover. Talk about buggy there...what a mess. I wouldn't worry too much about RO2. Sure there are issues but they'll get sorted. Patience is a virtue and TWI are generally very responsive to the concerns of the community.

Cheers,

Fafnir_6

Beta's have a tendency to show how the game runs on a wide variety of computers. Hence the difficulty some have, while others don't. Unlike Xbox or PS3, every computer is made up of different components.

Upvote 0