• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

For the love of all thats holy remap the bandages button!

Oddball_E8

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 19, 2006
Sweden, near lund
Gaawd, i just got the demo and i cant tell you how many times ive been slowly bleeding to death whilst jumping in and out of cover just trying to get the bandages to work...

seriously, this needs to be remapped.

(and i dont care how many other threads there are on this subject... # of threads = the attention it gets from devs)

other than that, great game! Brings back the feeling of the old game, but with better graphics and some improvements in the game mechanic.

Oh, but the guns (especially the smg's) are way too accurate at long ranges.
also, bring back the sway of the old game... theres no benefit to actually using a ledge or corner of a house any more.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeopoldStotch
I'd like to see total key mapping capability. Allow the user to completely assign every function to a different key or however they would like it set up. Double presses, multiple key presses, however. Similar to ARMA II honestly. (Not comparing, just saying) For instance, a player is using F as bandage, allow us to set Alt+F to cover or however the player likes.

IMO the interact button is to generalized and subjective and can cause issues when there are several things to interact with.

Also, the command for Jump/Mantle is listed twice in the controls menu.:p

Upvote 0
to be hones....yes....i would appreciate a different button for use and cover too

but for real...i never had a problem bandaging myself
i dont know but it sounds like you all are just tapping the use key just once and then you just go in and out cover
nothing happens and you just tap it again
maybe that is the problem?

what about pressing the key until you are bandaged?
most times it doesnt even effect my coverstate....i stay in or out of cover while bandaging
really never had an issiue with that

Upvote 0
Gaawd, i just got the demo

A beta does not equal a demo

and i cant tell you how many times ive been slowly bleeding to death whilst jumping in and out of cover just trying to get the bandages to work...

seriously, this needs to be remapped.

(and i dont care how many other threads there are on this subject... # of threads = the attention it gets from devs)

other than that, great game! Brings back the feeling of the old game, but with better graphics and some improvements in the game mechanic.

Oh, but the guns (especially the smg's) are way too accurate at long ranges.
also, bring back the sway of the old game... theres no benefit to actually using a ledge or corner of a house any more.

I don't really have your problem a lot, the cover system works by looking at a wall, if you want to bandage don't look at a wall.

That said, I wouldn't mind having some more dedicated buttons, one for bandage, one for use and one for cover instead of them being all in one button.

They should certainly keep the possibility of having multiple functions bound to a single key, but I wouldn't mind if I could rebind them as well.

Reactions: Dcode
Upvote 0
Fully agree with this thread. We need to be able to choose our own controls for each feature. It's truly impossible as of now to resupply MG near cover, or pick up a weapon from next to cover. Well, not really impossible, but its' so hard you end up being exposed for way too long... and will suffer the same blow into your head as the poor comrade whose weapon you were about to try picking up.

I see nothing wrong with the "shared controls" system in principle; having more than one feature under one key is all fine, as it can sometimes be handy when you have all important things in very few buttons, right next to your movement keys for example.

However, we really need more options that allow us to choose how the controls work. Please. Puppy-eyes sort of please?

Upvote 0