• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Executions

TheOnlyX

Aug 31, 2011
I notice a lot when someone gets shot in the gut they fall to the ground and start rolling around until they bleed out and I was wondering if TW could implement a "finishing" round next update. Basically you just shoot them again and they react to the round as when you do it now they just keeping rolling until they bleed out.

Reactions: dsi1 and kenijaru
There have been a number of enemies I've shot from a distance and I see them grabbing their guts or chest, staggering around or rolling on the ground..... I always automatically drive more bullets into them until I see them stop moving or an icon comes up on my screen that I killed them..... seems like they already have something like this in the game based on the kills I've made.... and when I shoot them more, they tend to die quicker.

They might be critically wounded and dying, but until I see them stop moving, they're going to be continually shot & rittled with bullets..... eliminate the threat

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I notice a lot when someone gets shot in the gut they fall to the ground and start rolling around until they bleed out and I was wondering if TW could implement a "finishing" round next update. Basically you just shoot them again and they react to the round as when you do it now they just keeping rolling until they bleed out.

I thought this thread was going to be about "blocking divisions" and I was going to facepalm.

But the point about not being able to finish off a guy who is slowly blacking out is a bit weird. But funny to watch as they try to kill you while their screen fades.

Upvote 0
I thought this thread was going to be about "blocking divisions" and I was going to facepalm.

But the point about not being able to finish off a guy who is slowly blacking out is a bit weird. But funny to watch as they try to kill you while their screen fades.

no, he means finishing the wounded off, once you are already in the respawn queue your avatar may moan and move for a while until it completely dies.
What the OP is asking for is shooting and finishing off the wounded, not only comething completely low in nature, but also a war crime that'll get you shot or hung if caught.
If anything, we should take care of the enemy wounded as if they were our own.

Upvote 0
no, he means finishing the wounded off, once you are already in the respawn queue your avatar may moan and move for a while until it completely dies.
What the OP is asking for is shooting and finishing off the wounded, not only comething completely low in nature, but also a war crime that'll get you shot or hung if caught.

Its not like it didn't happen... Or that the Soviet or Nazi officers recognized the existence of war crimes...
On the topic, I think it would be kind of a pointless feature, and as kenijaru pointed out, bad in taste...

Upvote 0

See, I don't get why it's a war crime, it's more merciful to end their suffering. And besides, its WAR.

Upvote 0
See, I don't get why it's a war crime, it's more merciful to end their suffering. And besides, its WAR.

you are supposed to take care of the wounded, both your own and the enemies' , you are also supposed to avoid unnecesary suffering (serrated blades for example), you have to respect a white flag, war has many "rules".

The often quoted "in war everything goes" is wrong, there are many things that'll get you hung or shot if captured by the enemy. :eek:

Upvote 0
If you shoot a guy who is stumbling around mortally wounded I'm sure it does kill them, usually immediately. If they are writhing on the ground I'm not 100 percent sure but I thought I had seen people get finished off this way as well. There are a lot of bullets flying around so people do have a tendency to get hit again.

Upvote 0
you are supposed to take care of the wounded, both your own and the enemies' , you are also supposed to avoid unnecesary suffering (serrated blades for example), you have to respect a white flag, war has many "rules".

The often quoted "in war everything goes" is wrong, there are many things that'll get you hung or shot if captured by the enemy. :eek:

On the eastern front, surely you'd be executed if the enemy caught you doing this, but at the same time nobody on your side would give a rats *** if they saw you do it. War might be supposed to have rules but the reality is generally you break the rules and then punish the other guy for doing the same. I'm not saying it's right, but thats what happens when people decide to start killing one another.

edit: and frankly, on the eastern front, they are probably going to kill you if they capture you anyway.

Upvote 0
lol This is Stalingrad. If you were wounded and captured, tough luck. Hope General Winter kills you before Siberia does.

First if they are wounded they can't fight anymore so they are a non-combatant. Just like boxers don't keep hitting a person they knocked out.

Second. they might have a light wound that wouldn't kill them. It's not like every wounded person if 5 seconds away from dying. If the bullet passed through and hit nothing vital if they got it patched up they could live a long life.

Third. They are a human.

Upvote 0
War might be supposed to have rules but the reality is generally you break the rules and then punish the other guy for doing the same....

yeah, it's been like that since the geneva convention was signed :p

but still i think that adding war crimes "for the sake of realism" is sick.
(even tho the OP makes it sound like its "for ****s and giggles" which is actually worse)

Upvote 0