• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Beta Update Changelog - September 2

Hey everyone,

We ran into some last minute issues and it looks like we're going to have to push the update back. Our hope is that we can get it out sometime tomorrow morning. Sorry for the delay.

Take all the time that you need. "Haste makes waste" [cit.] :rolleyes:;)

Not a problem Ramm. You guys are absolutely geniuses at this. The first patch fixed a ton of things and I'm sure this patch will do the same. It's refreshing to see a company really strive to work with the fan base to make an awesome product. Thanks again and take your time to get it out right.

+1

Upvote 0
No it isn't. Most game companies do not delay their releases this frequently, and if they do, they tell their audience months in advance. Don't downvote me for saying this, cause personally I don't care too much, but TWI should be more careful about their release dates.

I'm not saying 'screw you TWI! i'm going to cancel my preorder!' I like TWI, but I wish they would give us a more accurate time table. No need to announce and update if they know it will be most probably delayed.

You don't have any idea of what you're talking about. Patch delays during beta are completely normal, how would they know about a patch delay "months in advance"?

Upvote 0
Your mistaking light tactical recon/observation aircraft to strategic recon aircraft. Aircraft like what is used in game did not do what you provided as evidence. The Ceilings of the aircraft used in game is under 5,000 meters (the PO-2 and the Fi 156 for the Russians and Germans respectively).

These aircraft did fly low enough to the ground to sport troop movements.

And those light recon planes are Divisional assets, exactly how long did it take for that information to filter down to platoon level?

1 day? 2 days? Longer perhaps?

Upvote 0
No it isn't. Most game companies do not delay their releases this frequently, and if they do, they tell their audience months in advance. Don't downvote me for saying this, cause personally I don't care too much, but TWI should be more careful about their release dates.

I'm not saying 'screw you TWI! i'm going to cancel my preorder!' I like TWI, but I wish they would give us a more accurate time table. No need to announce and update if they know it will be most probably delayed.

Come on dudes,if beta delays some days you hate the world,if patch delays some days you hate the world;if EA,Blizzard,Activision,etc. say the game go for one extra year you agree.TWI not changes their minds for all these child-like cries,its boring and tired.

Upvote 0
Come on dudes,if beta delays some days you hate the world,if patch delays some days you hate the world;if EA,Blizzard,Activision,etc. say the game go for one extra year you agree.TWI not changes their minds for all these child-like cries,its boring and tired.

Thats why I specifically said that I in particular don't care that much. I knew people were going to respond like this. It wasn't a child-like cry, I said that I like TWI and I don't care if the beta/update/game gets delayed a little, but that doesn't change the point that it is a little bit unprofessional of them to repeatedly make promises they cannot keep.

Again, I'm not saying "I hate you TWI!" I'm just advising them to be a little more careful in the future with their promises.

EDIT: And I'm not saying that it is ok for EA/Blizzard/Activision to do it, but not TWI, cause it isn't ok for them either. No company should make promises it can't achieve. And as 12oz Jesus put it "If you don't like the way TWI does business, don't buy their products." I'm still going to buy what TWI makes, cause I think they are great, but some other people might actually go through with what 12oz said which is why it would be a good idea for TWI not to irritate their new audience, which as you can see is large, because they have been in the top 20 on Steam for quite some time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"promise" is a big word, I don't recall anyone from TWI posting on here "I PROMISE we will provide you with new maps today!!"

I mean we get it - they thought they would be ready, they are not yet ready. Don't get all in a tizzy about it. Things don't always go as planned.

I'm happy to get communication from the devs, and I'm not going to hold their feet over the fire if something happens that changes the plan a bit.

Now..that that's out of the way... where are those new maps already?? :p j/k

Upvote 0
I dont get why people suddenly want less communication from game devs instead of having more of it :confused:

I love it when TWI tells us that the beta/update/game is coming up soon, but they should say that it will be here in the next couple days, or some reasonable time period, instead of some definite date that will make the whole forum uproar into trolling anger when they miss their deadline.

Upvote 0
I love it when TWI tells us that the beta/update/game is coming up soon, but they should say that it will be here in the next couple days, or some reasonable time period, instead of some definite date that will make the whole forum uproar into trolling anger when they miss their deadline.
What if they would keep us updated even after the delay on the status of it?

Upvote 0

fact is though they didnt say couple of days, yesterday they said tonight, then they said this morning, and still no sign.

they didnt say it'll be a couple of days/

Upvote 0

Well... let the trolling trolls troll, right? They are the same ones who complain when they don't hear anything.., or don't get an exact time or date to look forward to (remember with the actual beta launch?) AND they will be the first to complain if the update arrives with problems, when it arrives.

I think after awhile you just have to tune out some of the noise. That's probably what they are already doing to some extent.

Upvote 0