• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Awesome.Tank

Psychiatrist911

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 28, 2011
ok, so i just had one of these awesome moments in life that will be burned into my memory and i will tell my grandchildren about.

So i was trying the tank for the first time and it was amazing, i liked nearly every single thing (the thing i didnt like i will not mention)

and there i was riding in my tank when a shell hits the tank (im in the drivers position) I notice a sudden Gush of blood on my screen and thought that i ahd for some reason been injured by a giant tank shell immidiately feeling invigorated and felt a rush of adrenalin.

--
Then i looked behind me.
I heard screams, crying, and noticed that the blood wasnt coming from me (how the hell would i have survived?)
I noticed that the giant shell had Ripped my Gunners leg off, and he was sitting there, moaning crying and babblig something in russian.

Immidiate fear struck.

I was like OH SHIII OH SHII OH SHII and ... for the first time in video game history, I felt bad for an NPC.
the crying stopped and a few more slugs hit the tank, leading to its ultimate destruction.

But this was just so awesome... so real... It felt like a movie.

GREAT JOB TWI, you have done what no other game has done.
thumbs up!

Reactions: PsYcHo126
ok, so i just had one of these awesome moments in life that will be burned into my memory and i will tell my grandchildren about.

So i was trying the tank for the first time and it was amazing, i liked nearly every single thing (the thing i didnt like i will not mention)

and there i was riding in my tank when a shell hits the tank (im in the drivers position) I notice a sudden Gush of blood on my screen and thought that i ahd for some reason been injured by a giant tank shell immidiately feeling invigorated and felt a rush of adrenalin.

--
Then i looked behind me.
I heard screams, crying, and noticed that the blood wasnt coming from me (how the hell would i have survived?)
I noticed that the giant shell had Ripped my Gunners leg off, and he was sitting there, moaning crying and babblig something in russian.

Immidiate fear struck.

I was like OH SHIII OH SHII OH SHII and ... for the first time in video game history, I felt bad for an NPC.
the crying stopped and a few more slugs hit the tank, leading to its ultimate destruction.

thumbs up!
Man I love these epic immersion stories coming from players like you :) makes me want the game even more. 12 more days folks!

Upvote 0

--
Then i looked behind me.

Immidiate fear struck.

thumbs up!

Yep. I had that same experience yesterday. Maybe I'm imagining it, but I could absolutely swear that I had to push my dead gunner out of the way to get into the turret.

This really is some of the most immersive tanking I've ever experienced.

Now if they'd only give us back our keyboard gun controls .... perfection!

Upvote 0
I love tanking, both in gumrak and fallen fighters. In gumrak, about 5 of my squad mates and myself were on TS and rolling in formation when I hear "several t34s! 12 o clock, 1200m!" like a well oiled machine we stopped and fired our rounds simultanously destroying 4 right off the bat. Some stayed and provide cover while the rest moved up, visa versa. Just awesome.

Later on fallenfighters I joined in with some more squad mates and provided armor support for the capture of A. I must have reloaded my coax 6-7 times and depleted my HE. I got about 46 kills (3 of them T-34s) before dying. But my fellow squadmates fraged and cleared A for the capture. This game is so damn fun.

Upvote 0
Was killed and spectating 3 guys. one officer and two soldiers. it was on apartments german side. When you go the left ways over the market into the building. They meet enemies. in the end all russians were dead and the officer was the only one "still" alive but deadly hit. so while he was slowly sinking on his knees and still firing but without a target a soviet soldier steped out of one corner and walked the few steps over to the german officer and stopped right infront of him, aimed abit down at his heart and gave him the final blow.

With all the new GFX effects and smoke and whatnot i thought...wtf.

The moaning and death in general is very dramatic.

Upvote 0
It was apartments and I was in the left building on the top floor(german) and there were 2 mp40 wielding comrades on the stairs prone watchign the door. I hear footsteps, grenades, and a burst of ppsh and mp40. I hear both russian and german moaning, start walking down the stairs to see one german dead rolling down the rest of the stairs, and one holding his stomach screaming, and 3 dead russians around the doorway. It was epic.

Upvote 0