• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Eyefinity/multi cards work???

I run 5760 x 1200 on crossfired 6950's. It supports it in terms of correct field of view, but the HUD and menus don't play nice. As far as performance is concerned... the game doesn't perform all that well on a single monitor atm, let alone on three, but with some tweaking I can get it to average about 30fps which is playable, albeit not ideal.

Upvote 0
Well, I'll tell ya what, Homefront is based on the "highly modified Unreal engine" also, and it is for $hit perfomance wise, and surround/eyefinity are all "streched" also.

So, I think it's safe to say that we can expect the same with RO2.

Unless a DEV can prove me wrong???? (btw, need actual gameplay vids on a surround/eyefinity system with multi cards to "prove me wrong")

Upvote 0
I run it at 5040X1050 on a single 5870 on the "high" setting and get a good enough frame rate that I have not bothered to look at what my actual frame rate is (this has included 64 player servers). Of course the server browser brings my rig to it's knees - crashing it if I don't managed to click on 'quick scan' fast enough.

That being said, I have only played for about 3 hours so far and may not have encountered the same situations that have caused others issues. But for what it is worth that has been my experience thus far.

The only issues I have had with Eyefinity thus far are the stretched and difficult to read HUD, the munged menus that leave certain parts unreadable (due to either being off the screen or having various bits of information overlap each other), and some fairly nasty clipping issues on the side monitors. The clipping is particularly worrisome as I can stand next to a wall, turn to the side, and see through the wall entirely.

Perhaps a cynical way to look at it would be that the 'seeing through walls clipping bit' makes up for not being able to read certain menus... ;)

When I get a chance I intend to take some screen shots of the above and post bug reports (assuming someone else has not done so already).

-Flyynt

Upvote 0
I run it at 5040X1050 on a single 5870 on the "high" setting and get a good enough frame rate that I have not bothered to look at what my actual frame rate is (this has included 64 player servers). Of course the server browser brings my rig to it's knees - crashing it if I don't managed to click on 'quick scan' fast enough.

That being said, I have only played for about 3 hours so far and may not have encountered the same situations that have caused others issues. But for what it is worth that has been my experience thus far.

The only issues I have had with Eyefinity thus far are the stretched and difficult to read HUD, the munged menus that leave certain parts unreadable (due to either being off the screen or having various bits of information overlap each other), and some fairly nasty clipping issues on the side monitors. The clipping is particularly worrisome as I can stand next to a wall, turn to the side, and see through the wall entirely.

Perhaps a cynical way to look at it would be that the 'seeing through walls clipping bit' makes up for not being able to read certain menus... ;)

When I get a chance I intend to take some screen shots of the above and post bug reports (assuming someone else has not done so already).

-Flyynt

Upvote 0
It wouldn't manually find my 5040x1050.
I had to go into my games folder and manual set the resolution within the proper .ini

C:\Users\Shortwave\Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ROGame\Config/ROEngine

Go in there and just search for "res".

But yes the HUD gets butchered.

Ah, thank you. I figured it was something like that.

Edit: Anyone know the line of code I should be looking for? Or the grouping it's in?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just going into the settings worked for me...

First I chose 'Multi-Monitor Landscape' from the 'Aspect Ratio' menu, then I selected '5040 X 1050' from the 'Resolution' menu.

Have you set the proper aspect ratio prior to looking for the resolution?

I forgot to mention in the above post that I was running the 11.7 drivers...

Hope this helps...

Be Seeing You...
-Flyynt

Upvote 0
"Multi-Monitor Landscape" Weird, I never had that option.
Maybe it's been patched in since?

Also, the in game FOV slider is pretty poorly limited.
It doesn't allow me to set my proper FOV for my resolution / desk.

If I known their idea of supporting multiple monitor gaming was this shotty I honestly might of held off on my purchase a bit.. Just for the fact that I've had two company's tell me lately they'd support eyefinity. . Then did..ages later, sort of. (Section 8 Prej and Portal 2)

I spent two months in a debate with Valve and a billion fan boys trying to explain why FOV is important and needs to be unlocked.. Then finally one day a Dev came out of nowhere and just said "It will be fixed in the next patch" and it was.. . Then I went to go back to do it after the first test and it just stopped working. Have not played it since.. Uhg. Sorry to rant but I just need to make it clear.

Other than that nonesense.. The game is tons of fun and the BETA seems to be going great. I just hold we were not blatantly lied to about this.

Upvote 0