• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Solution] possible fix for crashing on map load

My fix so far for the server browser ... enter it and click connect real fast :) its the only way for me , and even then it crashes after loading or durinng loading... if i try insta match it says that the game coundt find a satuble match for my honor lvl ... which is 11... and if it finds some game , it crash ... i manged to play twice :/

Upvote 0
I just tried this out and my game is working, almost brought a tear to my eye lmao.

But I need to see if this will work for anybody else so I need somebody to try it out.

In the ROengine.ini go down to [Engine.ISVHacks] and turn these from false to true.

bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True

PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=True

I tried that and it's working fine now.

You can find the ROengine.ini in My Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ROGame\Config

Also this is not a fix for the server browser, it's suppose to be a fix for when you are already joining a server and it crashes during the map loading.

This fixed my game crashing after loading.

NV 460GTX
i5 750 4GB RAM

Upvote 0
I just tried this out and my game is working, almost brought a tear to my eye lmao.

But I need to see if this will work for anybody else so I need somebody to try it out.

In the ROengine.ini go down to [Engine.ISVHacks] and turn these from false to true.

bInitializeShadersOnDemand=True

PumpWindowMessagesWhenRenderThreadStalled=True

I tried that and it's working fine now.

You can find the ROengine.ini in My Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\ROGame\Config

Also this is not a fix for the server browser, it's suppose to be a fix for when you are already joining a server and it crashes during the map loading.

This worked for me. My game used to crash to desktop after finishing loading a map. I updated drivers and same problem. I then installed the ue3redist.exe. This caused the video card to not respond after map loading, and I had to restart the computer. After doing your fix, game loads fine. I have to play it some more to see how stable it is.

Side note: I also disable depth of field and motion blur in the same config file. My computer barely meets minimum so this helps performance.

Upvote 0