• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Question] FPS cap?

MistaHardkill

Aug 10, 2011
My FPS is capped at 30. It will NOT go over 30. It literally STAYS at 30...whats the deal?

Specs:
CPU: 2600k@5GHz
Mobo: Maximus IV Extreme
GPU: AMD 6970 2GB
RAM: 8GB 1600MHz G.Skill Sniper 1.25v

Settings all at max as they should be. I've tried everything...turning vsync off etc. The usual suspects...but its not my system "not handling it"...i can tell its literally an FPS cap. Little help?

When using v-sync if your PC can not keep a solid FPS that matches your refresh rate then it will go buy what it thinks is best and the next value for 60Hz is 30. I wish I had a better explanation, but I do not remember where I found the info. I am sure google could return several results on it if you need a more technical breakdown.

I also believe that Tripple Buffering can aid in the issue if the game can utilize it.

But who likes V-Sync anyway?:D

Upvote 0
That's the thing, I know my PC can handle it. It's literally an FPS cap...it's not an issue with being able to handle it. If I can max out crysis, I should sure as hell be able to max out this. It's not like there's high res textures or anything, and tessellation.

I can tell its like...capped, cause I can see it going to 31 a few times, than back down to 30 solid.

Upvote 0
Sry about that re-read the first post again.

Not sure why it would stop at 30 then. I was tweaking the ROEngine.ini today and I was able to get up to 90, but only when there was only 1 or 2 guys running around on my screen and being away from action after spawn. When in the heat of battle I am averaging around 45-50 FPS no matter what visual settings I choose. I have yet to try adjusting the FOV back to stock or the resolution down from 1680x1050, which was 2 of the things mentioned to try for and FPS boost.

Have you checked your video card control panel for the v-sync option to see if it is turned on there by chance?

Updated Drivers? I would imagine you have with a 6970.

I run
AMD Phenom II 955 @ 3.84
ASUS M4A79XTD
SapphireTech Toxic 5850 stock clocks right now
8GB Ripjaw 1600Mhz 1.60v

Currently using
Post Process = Normal
VSyc = Off
All Advanced settings on High for sliders
AA = FXAA Low
Bloom = Off
MotionBlur = Off
Light Shafts = On (have ot been able to disable them)
Ambient Occlusion = Off
FrameRate Smoothing = Off
One Frame Thread Lag = Off

Just for comparisons sake.

Upvote 0