• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stop moaning about the wait?

You paid $40 for the game. They just decided to include beta access as a bonus.

That's plain wrong. They advertise beta access with the deluxe edition. I don't take a stand on the complaining, but I'm willing to bet that a large portion of the deluxe sales were due to the beta alone, just see all the refund threads for proof.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You will get beta. It doesn't say "2 weeks of beta"..it could have been a beta weekend before launch

Offcourse they could but I'm guessing with some degree of confidence that a vast majority of the DDE purchasers that purchased RO2:HOS solely to get access to the beta would feel ripped off if the extra money they shelved out was only for a few hours of extra gametime.

Besides that is purely hypothetical and we know that it would never happen as TWI need a lot of new beta testers before release to stress test the game for that last minute polish that is really essential.

Upvote 0
I'm willing to bet money that most of you paid extra for the beta simply because you wanted to play the beta earlier than anyone got to play the actual game, and now that Tripwire is just a little behind (Unfortunately, I was looking forward to some more beta footage) you're all whining about how you "didn't get the pwesent mommy pwomised you for yo' burfday". Just stop whining already, you already paid for the game, you'll definitely get the game. The beta however is up to Tripwire to decide. It's not the end of the world if you don't get to play the game before everyone else who paid just a little less than you did. :cool:

Upvote 0
I'm willing to bet money that most of you paid extra for the beta simply because you wanted to play the beta earlier than anyone got to play the actual game, and now that Tripwire is just a little behind (Unfortunately, I was looking forward to some more beta footage) you're all whining about how you "didn't get the pwesent mommy pwomised you for yo' burfday". Just stop whining already, you already paid for the game, you'll definitely get the game. The beta however is up to Tripwire to decide. It's not the end of the world if you don't get to play the game before everyone else who paid just a little less than you did. :cool:

Oh, look. Another one who completely misses the point

Reactions: Mosin
Upvote 0
It's not the end of the world if you don't get to play the game before everyone else who paid just a little less than you did. :cool:

actually.. that would be a big problem. but that's not going to happen. i think people just need to realize that the beta will get into their hands before the game and that there was no pretense as to how early that would be.

Upvote 0
You miss the point totally, ah yeah, I remember, you're the one that didn't pay for DDE, stop being jealous.

Upvote 0
You miss the point totally, ah yeah, I remember, you're the one that didn't pay for DDE, stop being jealous.
But I didn't pre-order the DDE. I don't really like the idea of paying an extra few bucks just to get an advantage over everyone else (i.e. Day one unlocks)

EDIT: That's my major gripe about Bad Company 2. Any guy can go to the marketplace or origin store and get a massive advantage over every other player just by shelling out a few extra bucks to buy every weapon in the game. Shortcuts ruin the game for me and for other players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mosin
Upvote 0
But I didn't pre-order the DDE. I don't really like the idea of paying an extra few bucks just to get an advantage over everyone else (i.e. Day one unlocks)

Tell me, where is the advantage in getting hold of a BETA version of the game? I can only speak for myself, I didn't buy access to beta to get advantages and I don't think other people did that either. And I am pretty sure there are no advantages in getting hold of a BETA, where all your stats will be reset when the game goes into full "production"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EDIT: That's my major gripe about Bad Company 2. Any guy can go to the marketplace or origin store and get a massive advantage over every other player just by shelling out a few extra bucks to buy every weapon in the game. Shortcuts ruin the game for me and for other players.
It's not that of an advantage, because you only get the weapons for 1 day.

Upvote 0
Tell me, where is the advantage in getting hold of a BETA version of the game? I can only speak for myself, I didn't buy access to beta to get advantages and I don't think other people did that either. And I am pretty sure there are no advantages in getting hold of a BETA, where all your stats will be reset when the game goes into full "production"
Read his message again, he says (I.e. : Day 1 unlocks)

Upvote 0
Oh thanks for the info, it's even better now. So I really paid for a good thing apart from the beta.
Yeah pretty much. Along with the unlocks for KF and TF2. Those were probably the only selling points IMO. But honestly I can probably trade for those hats later, and I don't really care for KF skins, I like the default ones :p

Upvote 0