• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Melee questions

This brings up the more important matter of why the heck did TW remove the ability to get a weapon shot out of your hand?!

Technically Red Orchestra 2 is a new game, so you can not remove something that wasn't included in the first place. I think they removed the function because it doesn't really simulate all the different things that can happen when you shoot the rifle of your enemy. Certainly it can get shot out of the hand, but that would happen not as much as Red Orchestra 1.

Besides what real use did it have to the gameplay, for a smooth gameplay experience you want to let people get the feeling that they are in control of their own faith, by making their own mistakes or right choices. When a weapon gets shot out of your hand, you basically are waiting to die in many situations, which is not a nice way to be killed.

Upvote 0
Well, we should have a knife, I mean, didn't every soldier had one in WW2?

This brings up the more important matter of why the heck did TW remove the ability to get a weapon shot out of your hand?!

Because it happened a bit too frequently in the game, even though it was very rare in real combat.
Plus it was kinda silly, if you're shot in the hande, how can you still use your weapon? Might as well say you're out of fight.

Upvote 0
Well, we should have a knife, I mean, didn't every soldier had one in WW2?

Because it happened a bit too frequently in the game, even though it was very rare in real combat.
Plus it was kinda silly, if you're shot in the hande, how can you still use your weapon? Might as well say you're out of fight.

I can assure you, if my hand is able to hold anything, I would hold onto my rifle.

Upvote 0
That's my point, how can your hand be shot and still hold a rifle, let alone aim and pull the trigger?:)

The hand is a slender thing. The bullet, if not deflected or something of this sort by anything else should be going relevantly in a straight line, making the wound not as large as a bullet that has is tumbling.

Upvote 0