• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

All voices in English ???

I'll be switching it to russian and german immediately thank God there's an option.

Too big an immersion killer for me. Since there's limited number of phrases I'm sure I'll pick up the meaning pretty damn fast.

I lol'd

People who will switch the game to native and don't understand the language will miss out on the entire battle chatter system. 3000 line of dialog is impossible to "pick up"

Also immersion is to each his own, but its kinda unrealistic to not understand your teammate, what are you the guy from Quantum leap? You jumped into WW2 and don't know whats going on?

I hope the native languages are added in a patch, so the realism guys will at least give the normal voices a chance.

Upvote 0
I lol'd

People who will switch the game to native and don't understand the language will miss out on the entire battle chatter system. 3000 line of dialog is impossible to "pick up"

Also immersion is to each his own, but its kinda unrealistic to not understand your teammate, what are you the guy from Quantum leap? You jumped into WW2 and don't know whats going on?

I hope the native languages are added in a patch, so the realism guys will at least give the normal voices a chance.

'Stop liking what I don't like'

So you want to prevent people from playing the game in a manner that is more enjoyable for them, just because you don't agree?

Nice. :|

Upvote 0
Seethus said:
there was subtitles for anything said by you and your team in ro1 :eek:
There were subtitles for voice commands - the battle chatter is not the same and the beta footage we've seen so far does not show subtitles for the battle chatter.
I think I remember a dev saying that there won't be any subtitles for battle chatter, as it would fill up the space reserved for text messages rather quick (or maybe it wasn't a dev, don't really remember).
If subtitles won't be implemented and you want to understand your team mates, you can either start learning Russian/German (if you do not already speak those languages) or use English battle chatter.

Last edited:
Reactions: NuclearDruid
Upvote 0
There were subtitles for voice commands - the battle chatter is not the same and the beta footage we've seen so far does not show subtitles for the battle chatter.
I think I remember a dev saying that there won't be any subtitles for battle chatter, as it would fill up the space reserved for text messages rather quick (or maybe it wasn't a dev, don't really remember).
If subtitles won't be implemented and you want to understand your team mates, you can either start learning Russian/German (if you do not already speak those languages) or use English battle chatter.

Yeah I know that, and I will enjoy the battle chatter being in German also.
people were talking about if mainly the commands weren't in English people wouldn't know where to move out. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
there is a posibility to switch to native language for all (however I can not imagine why you would want that, but I am not into extreme realism and have no desire to learn russian, but then again you can wonder if it is realistic not to understand your teammates)

Probably for the same reason why people don't want characters in their movies speaking some poorly accented russian english to each other, it just makes no sense. (There are subtitles for that reason)

Reactions: VyvyanBasterd
Upvote 0
Probably for the same reason why people don't want characters in their movies speaking some poorly accented russian english to each other, it just makes no sense. (There are subtitles for that reason)

QFT.

I hate war movies where they do this. It is usually a sign of low quality movie.

+ i like learning new phrases in German and in Russian. Immersion ftw.

Reactions: VyvyanBasterd
Upvote 0
'Stop liking what I don't like'

So you want to prevent people from playing the game in a manner that is more enjoyable for them, just because you don't agree?

Nice. :|

I said I wanted the Native to be added later, because people (say a lot of people in this very topic) will simply switch native on and never ever ever ever give (insert your localized voice here) voices a chance. TWI is full of talented people and they worked hard on the voice overs, if you simply turn them into a foreign language your pissing on all the work the coders and voice actors did for you

If you understand german or russian completely disregard what I'm saying.

All I'm saying is give the voices a chance and be unbiased for a second.

Upvote 0
Well, I do speak German, but everybody I know from playing RO (Dutchies, Brits, etc.) didn't ask for English voiceovers either.

And no subtitles for battle chatter doesn't seem like an issue to me, since I consider player comments such as "Your war is over, Ivan" and "I'm not going out there" not as important enough to be a round-deciding factor. :)

But, we'll just see how it goes soon enough, I guess.

PS: After playing Battlefield 2/PR for 3 years with native voices, I would have been able to request medical attention and point out armored vehicles if I ever ended up in Russia or the middle east on my own. ;)

Upvote 0