• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sniper scope during reload

wardi8880

Aug 23, 2011
Brum
After all these videos (which are awesome) i can't help but notice that with the sniper rifle, the 3D scope image can still be seen even when the player is reloading/moving the bolt, putting the scope out of alignment with the player's eye. Surely this shouldnt occur, since whenever the scope isnt aligned with your eye, you cant see down it (you just see black).

Last edited:
Reactions: webslinger
what nah when i used to history shoot my dads old Kar98 with a copy scope i could still keep eye on the target if the rifle was supported but i guess it requires training to hold it still also you gotta hold just under the mag well infront of the trigger with left hand to steady it then cycle the next round with your right hand no problem but i guess this is after cleaning rifle after each shooting i don't know if you would be able to do the same after long time use and only field cleaning :) but again this was supported on a soft pillow or anything i could find while trying out new stuff

My way supported rifle
1 Hold hand infront of trigger guard thing keep the rifle right up at your shoulder 2 Pull the bolt 3 your all done

Last edited:
Upvote 0
it seems easier to do it the realistic way, in RO they paused the image down the scope when u were reloading, which was quite obvious when the animation ended (the picture would jump). Surely they could just replace this paused image with black...

anyway, only a small thing that annoyed me ha, im sure ill live with it :D

haha, I never even noticed this:p

Upvote 0