• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MG 34 Reloading Animation

dqskev.jpg

I think he means that round.

Upvote 0
Not sure how mg34 works but if its anything like the m249, assuming it open bolt...which I believe it is. there is not a round chambered. So removing the barrel doesn't effect the feed trey on top.

Correct, using a closed bolt firing assembly in a machine gun (especially a very high rate of fire one) would undoubtedly have serious safety issues with cook-offs (The cartridge ignites from the ambient heat of the chamber/bolt assembly)

Upvote 0
Open... It is open bolt.

We will see. When you check your remaining ammo, you open the feed-cover. At least it looked like that in the videos. It would thus be strange if the remaining number of bullets would not be properly modelled.

Its a closed bolt...or in german "aufschiessender Verschlu

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the Thompson, Greasegun, MP40, BAR, FG-42, MG-34, MG-42, M1917 and M1919 ALL fire from an open bolt. The reason being that the metallurgy of the 1930s and 1940s was such that if an automatic weapon was fired to excess the chamber would retain enough heat to "cook off" a round if it was left in the chamber like closed bolt weapons do. I cannot think of a single automatic weapon used in WW2 that fired from a closed bolt.

As the guy says, it was extremely dangerous to have a high rate of fire with a closed bolt system in those days because of limitations in materials and processes.

Upvote 0
What the heck are you guys going on about? Talk about a hi-jack.

He was talking about the in-game model of the MG34 being completely out of ammo but still showing a full round in the belt.... what does any of that have to do with open or closed bolts, or am I simply missing something hidden between all yer techno-babble :p

I was thinking the same thing while reading through the lot ...
but, i have to admit that i accidentially picked the wrong vocabulary in order to point out my desire ... sry :p

so i ment the drum-mag of course ... just to set this aright

but i can

Last edited:
Upvote 0