• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] DmC

And how is it ruined?

As long as the core gameplay remains intact, which is stylishly dismember lots of monsters, I don't care if his hair is white or black, his mum's an angel or a human, or his melee weapon is a huge sword or an axe/scythe hybrid.

Now if you lamented Fallout, Rainbow 6, Ghost Recon, or even Brother in Arms, I would've agreed, because those franchises took quite radical turns from the origins.

But a bit of backstory that will most likely expand Dante's abilities? Come on!

Upvote 0
And here I am thinking that realism guys are the best in b*tching. ;)

As it looks to me:
People *****ing that a 10 year old franchise created for Wapanese pop culture teens is changing in order to cater to the changed pop culture that now wants girly male teens instead of "manly" characters.
faceg.gif

Reactions: Moyako
Upvote 0
I wouldn't go so far as to call the Dante from the last few games manly. But he was unflappable. He joked about everything, even the end of the world, and had a "Devil may care" attitude about everything.

This changes the tone of the series quite a bit, from likable anti-hero to dark, brooding anti-hero. And he did lose like 30 pounds. I'm not a huge DmC fan, but I've enjoyed the games. And Capcom is always experimenting with the formula, just like they did in DmC 3 with Virgil, and DmC 4 with uh.....what's his face that looks like Dante's twin brother but is younger and more of a punk.

Still, I don't see them totally replacing the absurd guitar riffs and styling that made the game what it is. We'll see. If DmC started taking itself too seriously, it could be a train wreck. The only thing that spared DMC4 cut scenes from being total directorial masturbation was the sense of humor that came with it.

Upvote 0
Apparently it's not just Dante's appearance they're changing.

It's the whole lore of the the universe.

And the gameplay. It used to run at 60fps fine, now it's at 30fps laggy.

On top of that the fighting is slow, and there's nowhere near as many enemies onscreen as before.

Luce and Umbra are reloadable, which changes gameplay.

The main dev at Ninja Theory basically changed Dante into himself; if you see a side-by-side comparison of the new Dante and him, they're the same.

Said devs said they don't care about the community.
TWI are the opposite.

I can go on, but i don't have the list of f*ckups on this pc.

Upvote 0