• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta information!

thumbs-up.jpg

Semi-confirmed
Close enough

Upvote 0
Anyone who has spent any amount of time on this forum could have ascertained the beta being released next week.

One of the devs said a couple weeks ago that the beta would be released AFTER game review websites had time to play and write their reviews. We also know that TWI would not give the media a buggy version of the beta. Which means the beta is very playable, and any talk about "They didn't release the beta because it may be too buggy" is completely false.

These reviews are just now being published so we logically must conclude that the beta will be released very shortly. And it will be.

It would be silly for TWI to give the media and public the beta at the same time as you will hurt relations with the media. Anyone who knows anything about the media knows that breaking the story (getting the early game reviews) is vital.

Reactions: daschewy
Upvote 0
They've not said "next week" afaik, so it's NOT confirmed, sure we have clues, but it's not yet confirmed.

I for myself think it'll be out next week but still, everything can go wrong.

Read the thread where they announced the game being delayed 2weeks. They said on the 8th of august "If everything goes to plan then the beta will launch in two weeks." and 2weeks from 8th august is 22nd august which is next week.

Upvote 0
It would be silly for TWI to give the media and public the beta at the same time as you will hurt relations with the media. Anyone who knows anything about the media knows that breaking the story (getting the early game reviews) is vital.

And it's ok to hurt relations with customers who've already paid for your product and to whom you hope to sell to in the future? I'm not saying your fundamental statement isn't true, but we who have paid for something we still have no clue when we'll get it (and time is reaaaaaaaaaaly short now) ought to count for something, too.

Upvote 0
As far as TWI is concerned, you've been hooked.

They have also never released a date for beta release anyway, so you can't complain very much when you buy the product and say "we have no clue when it comes out". If you were legitimately concerned about that, you shouldn't have preordered

The way I see it is, I got the game and some bonuses for 20 bucks off. The beta is just icing on the cake.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've been playing Red Orchestra Ostfront again to get my sorry butt back up to par. Not a problem waiting. The beta will be available for us when TWI is ready to let it loose. A very nice appetizer for us to get ready for the real prize, release day! I want the brass ring, the big enchilada, the full meal deal!! I haven't been this excited for a PC game release in a long time. Gives me more time to get my gamer friends and acquaintances convinced to get on board the Red Orchestra train. I think this is fun. Don't get your knickers in a twist about all of this, enjoy it! :D

Upvote 0