• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Serious concern German and Russian accents

Upvote 0
Last time I checked, they have never said that in these forums. All I've read is that native language for our team might be an option after some post-launch update. Can anyone confirm that the option will be already available on release? :IS2:

From the above link:

Native language for your team is an option. We've said this for some time now... Some of the people in here need to check their "facts".

^ Check yer facts. ;)

It might not have been said in these exact same words in these forums, but this was said in the Steam forums by Yoshiro..... which is good enough for me.

Upvote 0
From the above link:

Native language for your team is an option. We've said this for some time now... Some of the people in here need to check their "facts".

^ Check yer facts. ;)

It might not have been said in these exact same words in these forums, but this was said in the Steam forums by Yoshiro..... which is good enough for me.

Wow i hope that it's true because that's huge, i thought they said previously there was no way for them to do it

Upvote 0
Wow i hope that it's true because that's huge, i thought they said previously there was no way for them to do it

I'm not sure why it wouldn't be possible.... although in BF:BC2 the Russians speak in Russian, I've seen a number of members in the forums list some configs that you can tweak that make them speak in english.... though I can't remember if they had accents or just used the american accents..... I think they had russian accents.

[url]http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1196371[/URL]

Apparently accented.

Upvote 0
In Ro1 the Germans spoke German and the Russians the russian Language. You could read what it means! Because I am German I had no problems with understanding the very well spoken (without accent) language.

Actually the Germans in RO1 had a rather strong Bavarian accent which always bothered me. It may be that a certain squad in war actually spoke like that but if you have to hear it every time in every map it starts to get on your nerves.

I'd like to hear both factions speak their native languages. It just adds to the realism. If they decide to put in the English language with certain German or Russian accents for SP I'm okay with that, too. But then it should actually sound like Germans/Russians speak English... In some games the Germans don't sound like that at all, more like Eastern Europeans...

Upvote 0
after hearing the all new gameplay videos, it looks like TWI has done a really great job as regards sounds.

Weapon sounds are great, and german/russian voices seem to be well done (at least for the english version, even if i am not a native)

Here is a link where you can hear some german voices..

Gamescom Coverage : Hyper WTF is Red Orchestra 2? Part 1 - YouTube
(it is actually the gameplay video entitled : Gamescom Coverage : Hyper WTF is red orchestra which was posted yesterday)

Upvote 0