• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Allowing tank crew to repair broken tred?

danshyu

Dec 1, 2006
It was annoying in RO when the tank tred was broken, the tank is pretty much stuck forever untill it's killed or abandoned. When in reality treds where designed to be able to be repaired on the field.

Now I understand in RO2, tank crews are pretty much bounded to their tank and not able to leave. But why not make it so that the crew members can press a key and it will play an animation where the crew will be shown climb out of the tank and start hammering in spare treds. During which the crew will be vulnerable to small arms fire and the commander can provide cover form on top of his tank with his sidearm. And if they come under attack, the crew will have an option to hit another key which abort the repair and an animation of them hurrying back into the tank will be played.

Reactions: Nylle
Remove spare track segment from rack, remove pins before and after damage, replace pins to connect spare track into existing links.

Unless you were tracked while moving and the damage is under the wheels. Then you're kind of boned.

You seem to have forgotten that most important and time consuming of tools: compression thingy (I forgot its name). But you need it join both parts of the track so you can hammer in the pin.

Upvote 0
I think what they need to add, is the option to destroy your own tank perhaps, as the Germans did if they were disabled and had to retreat, to prevent it form falling into the enemy's hands.

This is why tiger tanks are so rare now, a lot of them were blown up by the crews.

Although if this was added, there would have to be features to prevent people from using suicide tanks.

For example can only be detonated if the tank is disabled and not in close proximity to any action going down.

This would be a handy way to re-spawn tanks.

Upvote 0
I think what they need to add, is the option to destroy your own tank perhaps, as the Germans did if they were disabled and had to retreat, to prevent it form falling into the enemy's hands.

This is why tiger tanks are so rare now, a lot of them were blown up by the crews.

Although if this was added, there would have to be features to prevent people from using suicide tanks.

For example can only be detonated if the tank is disabled and not in close proximity to any action going down.

This would be a handy way to re-spawn tanks.

This has been part of the tanking system since it was announced. Crews can "scuttle" their tanks which basically destroys it and respawns your crew in a new tank.

Upvote 0
Tank crews wouldnt have time to do this in battle. If your tank tread is gone, you're ****ed and you're going to have to scuttle the tank.

I am aware that tank crew wouldn't risk repairing in battle. But often time in RO at least. The focus of the action is constantly moving. It's not uncommon to have your tank stuck at a now relatively safe area when all the action have already advanced beyond you, that you're effectively at the rear end of the battle. It would be nice ot have an option to make some makeshift repairs to get your tank toward the new frontline again.

Upvote 0
I am aware that tank crew wouldn't risk repairing in battle. But often time in RO at least. The focus of the action is constantly moving. It's not uncommon to have your tank stuck at a now relatively safe area when all the action have already advanced beyond you, that you're effectively at the rear end of the battle. It would be nice ot have an option to make some makeshift repairs to get your tank toward the new frontline again.

No, for that simple fact...Your tank will still be in constant danger by back and forth fluid combat actions that occur in the same scenario...In between scenarios, yes.

Once again, there is simply no time to do this in mid-combat...Period.

Reactions: =GG= Mr Moe
Upvote 0
I would like this feature if:

It takes the same ammount of time that it would really take and of course some of the crew have to be exposed.

Guess that wont happen right? Everything else would be pretty unrealistic and dull. Also I guess in 90% of the tank battles etc, it is a fight that will end up with one of the opponents deads anyway.

Upvote 0
Maybe we should get that bot inside the tank who reloads the rounds to get up off his *** and go fix the track too.

Get him to do all the grunt work..... hell it'd be great, you could also order that bot to climb out of the tank and crawl to the view ports to wipe them down & windex them while under fire :D

This was actually my grandpa's job in Korea. Well, the loading and track fixing bit. I wonder if he remembers how long it usually took him.

Upvote 0